Calorifier connections to Perkins 4-107

Steve Y

Visit site
Hi
Would anyone know the plumbing arrangement from and to a Perkins 4-107 for a calorifier.
A Perkins 4-108 in the boat yard has out coming from port a) and return to b), but as you can see from the attached photo port b) has the water temp sender connected.
Would the return go to any of the other available ports in the exhaust manifold c), d) and e) or should it return to heat exchanger f) somewhere?
Thanks

NickRobinson

Visit site
Hi- as a new poster, there may be a delay before your pic link is allowed. Assuming you've put one up.
I have a raw water cooled 4108, I've thought about a calorifier as there are lots of blanks on the engine and manifold.

Steve Y

Visit site
Hi- as a new poster, there may be a delay before your pic link is allowed. Assuming you've put one up.
I have a raw water cooled 4108, I've thought about a calorifier as there are lots of blanks on the engine and manifold.
Thanks for that, yes the picture would help. port a and b are on the top of the engine close together at the crankshaft pulley end of engine, and c d and e are all on the exhaust manifold.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
In most cases you will need an extra pump with a raw water cooled engine. Typically an electric pump powered by the ignition switch. Plenty of info on my website Calorifier installation

Other threads that may be of interest