Calling any/all Southerly owners........

RickMac

Depending on seasons, needs and moods in the UK, U
Visit site
We are intending to cruise various other EU waters from next month onwards and, rather belatedly I know, we have been sifting through all our 110 paperwork to ensure it is in order (especially as we are aware that bureaucracy has been on the increase in some areas, notably in the Med) thus preventing rather than having to cure after the event!

Our Declaration of Conformity, normally located in your owners manual somewhere towards the rear (probably in the appendices) and listing all the relevant ISO/standards of comformity, appears to be signed and dated in 2002 by the company MD from then, rather than by the actual MD in situ on our vessel's launch date some years later.

Do you have yours there? And, if so, are you able to offer the details of who signed and when and whether this ties in with your vessel's launch date?

We are possibly worrying about this detail unnecessarily but, not wanting to fall foul of some EU jobsworth, we thought we'd try and check this out with a few other Southerly owners first to help us get our facts straight prior to contacting Northshore and appearing prize chumps.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Our (brilliant) Southerly has been sold too long now for me to remember what the documentation said and how it said it, but we were never asked to show anything remotely like a Conformity document. Insurance, registration, etc. yes. Northshore are usually pretty helpful, I'd just ask and hang the 'daft question' feeling. :p

chasroberts

Visit site
Grehan's comments seconded from another Southerly owner (bit older than yours). Only things ever asked for are the normal, registration insurance etc...

Happy cruising.

Chas

Networks

Visit site
It is my understanding that the Decloration of Conformity is signed when the design is complete and the first of that "equipment" is built. Hence the signature would normally be of the MD at that time, not when your boat was actually built.