Buying from the USA

DavidP

Visit site
Hi
Question,,,,,
If i buy a Plotter from the usa , for around $1000 , how much will the final cost be to me by the time i fit it , and is it worth going this way (problems ect).

Cheers .
Dave.

Freebee

Visit site
Judging by the mercruiser spares I have just bought on ebay- cost plus 17.5%vat plus 3% duty plus post office handling charge which I think was £3.50-not quite the bargain I thought it was! Us mail cheaper than other carriers tho!

AndyAmery

Visit site
Hi,
I bought mine this way and saved a fortune at the time. However, I found a friend who was going to the states on bussiness and then had it FedEx'ed to their hotel and they brought it back for me...

I did have heart failure when i initially turned it on and it came up with a map of the east coast of the USA though !

I'm told that not everything sent by Fed Ex or UPS gets checked by Customs; but all suff sent through US / Royal Mail does.However, that being said i have no experience of this

<hr width=100% size=1>

Forty_Two

Visit site
I buy clothes over the net from the US delivered by Fedex & they charge 10% import duty plus 17.5% vat plus an admin fee of £4.50. Happens every time when i buy. Still worth it though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ArthurWood

Visit site
BoatUS currently have offer on Icom plotter for $299 instead of $999. Close-out sale. Addl $20 off if you buy C-Map chip thingy. I'll be coming to UK end April:)

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ArthurWood on 24/02/2003 14:29 (server time).</FONT></P>

Don't forget to check the Warranty!!

I know for a fact that ICOM UK do not support ICOM US equipment, if you're buying ICOM Kit check with ICOM UK on 01227 741 741. This usually means that you've got to send it back to the dealer if it goes wrong.

Mike M

<hr width=100% size=1>Manager,
Aeronautical & Maritime Section,
Radiocommunications Agency