Busy busy

byron

RIP
Visit site
What a great weekend, I have never seen so many boats on the river since before Envag drove them away with the BSS. Even discounting all the unlicenced craft dropped in at the slipways it was still busy busy.

nickcred

Visit site
Certainly was friends of ours had a 2 hour wait for a lock and we had to stand off at most locks we went through.

Even so it was great to see the river being used and the sun thankfully put smiles on most of the faces we saw.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Certainly was friends of ours had a 2 hour wait for a lock and we had to stand off at most locks we went through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some problems at Bray with the lock gates on Saturday and I heard out of hours leccy was also a problem?
We actually managed to find a spot at Windsor on Saturday morning so pretty much stayed put. Never seen Windsor itself so busy, to the point of being unpleasant due to the crowds.

Great gig at The Watermans Pub on Sunday night - rock group called the Million $ Bash? Excellent if just a tad on the wrong side of too loud for my liking.

Too many boats going too fast - seems to be the norm lately.

Met up with Apollo and miket on Monday on their way back from th ATYC rally and Cuchilo stopped to say hello having spent the night moored a couple of boats in front without us realising he was there!

Delayed going home until Tuesday so a lot quieter.

nickcred

Visit site
Hi Tony

Agree too many boats going too fast

What amazed me was our friends say the wait was at Romney and that's a huge lock.

We spent a very nice afternoon on Sunday at the mooring and had a great BBQ with our friends who stayed for fear of not finding a mooring elsewhere :) and ventured out on Monday downstream. It was much quieter on Monday.

Weekends like that remind you why we all do it.

miket

Visit site
Nice to chat on Tuesday morning and pleased you got back without too much delay.
We too had a good run back, all the way from Kingston, with very little hold ups. Only Bray held us up for one lock.
Not my patch but understand that the new downstream waiting moorings, whilst very nice, are no longer than the old ones so still just as much chaos from those waiting to lock through.

I reckon that rowers and NB's should get together;
Rowers never look in front of them (forward) and NB's never look behind them (backward).

Gavi

Visit site
Very busy today too. We went up to Windsor to support some people from the pub who were cycling in support of a cancer charity, then give a few a lift back. Here is Romney Lock:

img274.jpg