Burgundy?

Jerbro

Visit site
I know hull colour is kind of a personal thing, but what do you all think of burgundy? I'm not convinced, but if the boat in question has got everything else...?

Now we're boatless, and the sun has come out, and there's lots of happier talk on the forum, I'm really missing it. Gotta get something soon.

PS.

Just like to say my faith in the spirit of human kindness is restored after seeing the help and support you've all been giving Happy1

<hr width=100% size=1>Jerbro
====
Click here for <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.btinternet.com/~jerbro> My ex-boat pics</A>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Burgundy -yuk

hm. This sounds like a Princess? The boat should be significantly cheaper than a blue/white option - beacuse of course your market when you eventually sell will be limited by the fact that many simply won't consider it, unless of course it shows (again) a significant saving - the main reason *you* are looking at it now, I expect?

Otherwise, of course, it could be a great, great boat - it's simply that resale issue. A friend was quoted 10k for a decent job to change the hull colour on 56' boat. So, if the interior is acceptable and not horridly nasty/garish or individual, worth serious consideration. Again, on resale, you may be last in the list for potential buyers - but then so is the current vendor . So mebbe make a daft offer and shut up for a week?

Or is this to do with BurgundyBen and his type of boat? In which case, check that it has an engine and that there is an agreeable amount of fablon inside BUT if it is only slightly pointy at one end, rather than very pointy, then there is a good chance it is a 1974 VW camper van. This makes no difference to the price but it will tend to broach more in following seas :)

oldsaltoz

Visit site
G'day GerBro,

Burgundy, great, provided you want to spend a lot of time polishing. After 3 years I gave up and changed to blue, and I only a strip 2 feet by 10 feet along the side of the saloon (Cat).

Might be ok if you never take it out in the sun though....

Avagoodweekend. Old Salt Oz /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

c_j

Visit site
Saw a V52 in Polensa with burgundy and was suprised to how good I thought it looked. Pointed it out to SWMBO who agreed (unusuall).

Probably would not buy one because the perception is it would be difficult to sell on. The hull colour change thing can be done as TCM says but it is a paint job and there are conflicting reports on the effectiveness, for instance a minor berthing scrape has to be repainted with all the problems of matching etc.

But if you think it looks really good, and its condition is great, its silly offer time.

<hr width=100% size=1>CJ
chris@stone.uk.com

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stone.uk.com>http://www.stone.uk.com</A>

ccscott49

Visit site
I personally like burgundy, but we are in the minority, I agree with TCM, re-sale would be difficult I believe.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tr7v8

Visit site
Reds along with Blue is the worst colour in GRP for fading &/or going chalky and their is a limit to how many times you can T Cut it.

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500