Bulkhead pictures

sighmoon

Visit site
Having lugged a pair of twee seaside souvenir type pictures (that I never liked) thousands of miles over eight years, they finally fell of the bulkhead and cracked so I've brought them home to the study, where our shared history makes me smile.

So that leaves a space. If I want to look at the sea, or another boat, or a beach, I'll look out the hatch, so nothing like that.

What's anybody else got?

Last edited:

RupertW

Visit site
We have two pictures by a local artist of our local park at home, so we can see a nice solid house and brick walls instead of all that tippy stuff.

At home we have many paintings of sailing and nautical derring do as that doesn't seem at all scary there.

johnalison

Visit site
On our last boat I attached a couple of very light frames with Velcro pads but on our current one I haven't been able to think of a neat solution that didn't involve lugs sticking out from frames. I must try harder. I have loads of drawings that I have done with my life drawing group but my wife has vetoed them for some reason that I don't understand.

Some friends just have photos of the family stuck on with BluTak all over the bulkhead and it looks awful.

prv

Visit site
On the larger side of the main saloon bulkhead I have a chart of the Channel. Each time we visit a new place I add a little arrow to show where we've been.

On the smaller side of the main bulkhead (forepeak door is off-centre) I have a photo of our previous boat.

In the forepeak I have a photo of my great-aunt's boat.

I've been meaning to find a decent picture of one of my grandpa's boats to put in the aft cabin.

I agree with the OP that there's no point putting generic "nautical" art in a boat (same reason I wouldn't have crockery with twee little knots and fouled anchors and suchlike) but I don't think pictures of specific family boats fall into that category. The chart comes in handy when talking about places we've been or might go.

Pete

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I had a hand coloured engraving of the battle of Boston Harbour, HMS Shannon vs USS Chesapeake in which the Chesapeake was taken as a prize:encouragement: The battle features in O'Brians The fortune of War.

I always fancied having a Letter of Marque. but they are rare and pricey.

stevie69p

Visit site
2 prints in by Gerry Baptist in wood frames about 18" x 18" that used to hang in my flat. They are a bit like something Mark Rothko would paint, and not everyone's cup of tea. 3M command strips are your friend here for keeping them up on the bulkhead without the need for screws, etc.

Resolution

Visit site
Our main bulkhead boasts a large bottle rack, currently holding several fine malts, a couple of decent rums, three different gins and a scattering of other late night entertainers.:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

rotrax

Visit site
We have a couple of framed large postcards of boats-a dinghy race and yachts on a mooring, on the entry bulkhead for the guest cabin. Above the walk round bed in the forward stateroom-did you see what I did there, Stateroom, implying Havana smoke and opulence-we have a limited edition print called "Reflections". Several yachts on moorings, calm water, reflections in the water of said moored yachts. We think its very nice.

However, just above the galley centre unit where the two sinks and wine glasses are we have a plaque given to us by our best friends. It says " Live your life by a compass, not a clock! "

They will do for us.

Last edited:

michael_w

Visit site
A small print of Dungannon

Dungannon.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's now on the 8th boat. A nice reminder when all hell is breaking loose on deck, that somewhere there are beautiful horses and dry land.

Last edited: