Bugle bungle

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
For those that don't know, there's a pub at Hamble called the Bugle. It is very old and sites just back from the quay in the high street - it has the potential to be a brilliant pub. But it's not.

At some point in its past, some personage added a long "restaurant complex" which stretches for some way along the quay. It consists of a line of windows which are out of character to say the least and completely spoil what could be a pleasant vista of the old town.

At the moment a property developer wants to tear it down and put up some "prestigious houses" and the Solent Preservation Society are objecting!

I haven't seen pictures of the proposed houses but nothing, repeat nothing, could look worse than the current eyesore. It should have gone before it even went up!

As long as the new houses look good and don't overpower the appearance of the village, then tear it down.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

Badger

Visit site
It is a crap pub and not much used by yachties but I would rather they turned it into a decent pub than put up apartments.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
Here! Here!

Tear down the restaurant bit and put a good Mine Host in the rest. A well designed extension or a couple of in-keeping houses on the site of the restaurant extension would be a positive move.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
Crap pub

It is.

But according to PBO they only want to get rid of the restaurant section.

The very old original pub could and should be great.

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>