Bristol harbour festival

Sneds

Visit site
We'll be there, on our own berth so not to far to go!

Our boat is for sale as we want to buy a biiger one. Be just our luck that someone buys her and takes her away before the Harboue festival!

Any forumite welcome on board for a pint or a glass!

Birdseye

Visit site
used to ge every year, but stopped when the free pop concert was done away with and the festival became a rally for ditch crawlers. Dont know anybody from my main club who goes any longer.

Pity, but what started out as a regatta for sea going boats sponsored by Lloyds rapidly got turned into a money making effort by the council. Pity they cant understand that many shoreside visitors come to see the boats.

Sneds

Visit site
Weekend 28th + 29th of July.
Contact the harbour office to see if any moorings left. If not, worth the road trip for a day out. Lots of boats, music a French market and some beer!
Of course there are narrow boats, its an inland harbour, but there are all sorts of other craft aswell. Raggies, Mobos, war ships and usually an historic sailer ship or two.
Come and have a look, we love it!

Csail

N/A
Visit site
If there are no berths available in the centre you can moor outside the cottage pub for the weekend. There are showers at the marina and plenty of water taxis going from the cottage into the centre. Really good weekend and great fireworks.
If you do go by boat take VERY long mooring lines for the lock (like 20m each)

Sneds

Visit site
Good point re the long ropes!
Your boat will get a bit muddy as she touches the lock sides, no floating pontoon like Cardiff.
Don't forget to dress your boat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lights and flags optional!

Mike_S

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Weekend 28th + 29th of July.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bugger. We're off to Spain at dark o'clock on the Sunday morning, so we'll have to give it a miss. Saturday will be spent taking the dog to holiday camp and packing for the week away. I'll make up for it by doing some boating at Benalmedina or Cabopino instead /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Benalmedina? Went there a few years ago (stayed in Torremolinos).
I could handle living there! With the boat moored outside of my window. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Have a great holiday!!

Mike_S

Visit site
Yup, staying in Riviera del Sol with friends who recently moved out there, the clicky link in my signature is the location of his business there. The photos they've taken of cabopino make it look very inviting, if a little tight for the boats.

Most mornings I get told how hot and sunny it is there, the last time they had rain during the day was April /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif