Brightlingsea with a 2M draught?

Marmalade

Visit site
We draw 2m and have no probs on the visitors' pontoon - even half way up. There's zip under the keel at LW but enough around us so we don't fall over. I usually leave when I've got 1m under the keel on the pontoon - usually registers about 0.7 across the bar.

By the way - the deeper water seems to be to the west of the leading marks - anyone else found this?

Simon

stevebrassett

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
The procedure is to aim for the cardinal off Blackman's Tower. They've put in a new tide gauge which you leave to starboard (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this nearly caught me out last time I visited. I was happily leaving the tide gauge to port thinking it was the cardinal, when I glanced at the depth finder. Oopsie! Quick turn to port and a closer look at the tide gauge - "Ah, the cardinal is over there...".

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
Hi Folkz,
Thanks again for the tips. Had a great couple of days sailing, perfect weather too. Brightlingsea and HM just as promised.

Except.....................

P1000641.jpg

No one warned me about the Brightlingsea monster!

Took a few of photos of other peoples boats too (a Rassy, sail No. 325, Piranha, & Chimo), They're on http://www.yourboatpix.co.uk in case you're interested......