Bridgemarsh Marina?

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk
Currently quite happy with my swinging mooring on the Roach but part of me is tempted to move back to a marina sometime with power and water.

I looked at the prices quoted by BYH and winced, clearly not too worried about the recession yet!

Then, seeing that Jim had moved there, I thought that maybe Bridgemarsh might be a better value option. Anyone have any experience of Bridgemarsh? Pros and cons?

Brian.

p.s. Happy new year!!

CPD

Visit site
I was there for a year and a bit. The creek lost me from memory about 2hrs+/-LW with a 1m draft. I liked the fore and aft arrangement along the length of the pontoons, buit for me the deciding factor to move was the distance to the open seas. Biff (if he is still there) was a good chap.

Laurin

Visit site
We've moved there this year to be more baby friendly, have used their mudberth for the last year or so for taking up at the begining of the season. The guys there have been fantastic so far! Come and join us!

FullCircle

Visit site
I is a happy bunny..... for the moment.
Going up to Rochford for March and April, then back to Bridgemarsh for the rest of this season.

Vamoose

www.flickr.com
Not an answer to your question but I have just received the Feb edition of PBO... And its still December !

One of the features is a list of all Marinas in the UK c/w facilities & prices . Just out of interest BYH is the 68 most expensive marina in the UK and Bridgemarsh is the 152 most expensive..

If youre credits havnt been crunched yet you could go to the most expensive which is Salterns in Poole for a cool £891.95 per metre per annum.. But that does include VAT.. So thats alright then !

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
So a lot cheaper than BYH. Mind you I didn't realise that it wasn't all states of the tide.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but its very nearly, and yours will sit quite happy on the odd occasion.
I havent touched down yet this winter, according to the Westerly Oceanquest fin keeler next to me.

Rabbit

Visit site
Are we talking Cheap.

Or good value.

We moor at WestWick.

Now thats not cheap. But is it good value?

I know its a long way to the No6.

Nice people though.

Happy new Year. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AliM

Visit site
We've been there for 5 years. It's not plush, but it's very friendly and convenient and a lot cheaper than the opposition. Biff is very helpful, and will go out of his way to accommodate any requests. Security seems ok - John and Biff live on site - we've never had anything nicked anyway, and there is the guard-dog (a senile lab called Sam who barks at random walkers on the seawall). you can get there by train, which helps a lot if you have to work late before a weekend/holiday away. (I once went there straight(ish) from Beijing!)

Access (depending on draft) of HW+/-4hrs does not restrict you too much, because you usually want to go out to sea with the tide, so leave near HW, or up river to reach the pub at Fambridge at HW (so leave HW-2)! There are some nice sails to do in sheltered waters when the weather is poor (in the Crouch or Roach) and some decent overnight anchorages/marinas within weekend sailing (Blackwater, Colne, Walton backwaters, Orwell, Stour, Deben, Medway, Thames, London, Ramsgate...). It's not too bad to get to Holland or Belgium, either.

Hope to see you there!

Ali