bray marina breakfast?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
so do any berth holders know if mdl are doing there annual free breakfast at the riverside brasserie in the marina?

it is normally done the sunday morning after the clocks change, but there has been no notification this season, either on the marina notice boards, emails or even on this forum.

It was always a good way to catch up with people at the start of the season and get to meet and chat to people on different pontoons to yourself.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
I always assumed ( and wrongly so then), that it was mdl that funded this.

Is the brasserie still owned by the same people or has it changed hands over the year. Only reason I ask is I believe that they changed thier opening hours last year, used to only be open in the summer season (at least I think) and then they started opening all weekends, including the winter months.

I actually think the marina might benefit from having more of a cafe type restaurant on site, as I believe that the brasserie doesn't actually open till lunch. Many a morning I have woken up in the marina craving a full english following the evening before, but swmbo never dons her apron and heads to the galley !

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
I actually think the marina might benefit from having more of a cafe type restaurant on site, as I believe that the brasserie doesn't actually open till lunch. Many a morning I have woken up in the marina craving a full english following the evening before, but swmbo never dons her apron and heads to the galley !

As I understand it the marina lease (rent) the premises out to the restaurant people. Used to be run by Heston Blumenthal not that long ago and the son of a friend of mine was the chef for a while.
Not exactly the spot for a greasy spoon type cafe really. Well off the beaten track, not likely to get that much trade from within the marina, and can't see that type of operation mixing well with the haute cuisine image they try to create. Certainly not like Benson with the holiday hirers moored up nearby.
Always seemed a bit of a precarious way of earning a crust to me !

BTW, the garden centre on the roundabout by MDL WIndsor do a cheap fry up brekkie ...... I think they even sell aprons and rubber gloves :D

Last edited:

No Regrets

Visit site
Much to the amusement of Bray Clubhouse maintenance team today:

We noted the Riverside Brassiere were replacing their Hardwood decking.

...with Softwood!

All it required was a pressure wash! People were helping themselves to the displaced timber as fast as possible (With permission)

markc

Visit site
I visited the marina in 1997 in my first boat - the restaurant used to be a cafe and you could get a great gut busting morning fry up! The restaurant does great food, but a bit pricey for every weekend

Mark

534l4rk

Visit site
Altho' breakfast is not a viable option for us - we did take lunch last year at the Riverside Brasserie albeit on the basis of bidding for a voucher at the ATYC Dinner Dance. The food and service were excellent and we will certainly be returning this year.

jecuk

Visit site
I think it is a great restaurant. Maybe a bit expensive for some however some of those who complain about the price have several hundred K of floating resin. I doubt a greasy spoon would survive without much more passing trade. It is a destination restaurant and a good one at that.

Mike_Gates

www.mdlmarinas.co.uk
Bray Marina Breakfast

so do any berth holders know if mdl are doing there annual free breakfast at the riverside brasserie in the marina?

it is normally done the sunday morning after the clocks change, but there has been no notification this season, either on the marina notice boards, emails or even on this forum.

It was always a good way to catch up with people at the start of the season and get to meet and chat to people on different pontoons to yourself.

This year breakfast will be served 08:00 to 10:00 (Max 75 covers) Sunday 09 April. This complimentary breakfast is open to all MDL Thames Marinas berth holders (Club Outlook Members) and Bray, Windsor & Penton Hook Cruiser/Yacht clubs. Slightly later this year- Mothers Day. Enjoy.

oldgit

Visit site
Thats the trouble when you get old and decrepid..."

Just watch out for this bloke

SDC11911.jpg

sunquest

Visit site
This year breakfast will be served 08:00 to 10:00 (Max 75 covers) Sunday 09 April. This complimentary breakfast is open to all MDL Thames Marinas berth holders (Club Outlook Members) and Bray, Windsor & Penton Hook Cruiser/Yacht clubs. Slightly later this year- Mothers Day. Enjoy.

What about us poor berthholders in Chatham Mike? Could I suggest Porters near Dickens World, you could also invite Oldgit as he appears a regular up your neck of the woods. :)

oldgit

Visit site
What about us poor berthholders in Chatham Mike? Could I suggest Porters near Dickens World, you could also invite Oldgit as he appears a regular up your neck of the woods. :)

Will it mean expelling the moths from the Blazer n Whites and oxfords or will it be the purple shell suit with matching trainers in order blend in up there .?