Bottlescrews and bedknobs

EASLOOP

Visit site
Nothing to do with beds of course. I have 9 bottlescrews on my sloop all for the standing rigging. However, the perishin' things keep seizing up if not used frequently. Can anybody recommend a slippery solution I can apply to the offending parts so I can avoid having to revert to the two screwdriver approach for adjusting tensions etc.

Good to hear from y'all

CPD

Visit site
With the anmounty of tension that will be in the shrouds, I think you will always need to revert to the screwdrivers approach. If you can use screwdrivers to turn them then they arent seized, so there you go, problem solved !!

EASLOOP

Visit site
Thanks for input. I will look for the special oil.

As regards seizing, I guess that it is a relative term. If it takes a 6 foot lever to undo a nut is it seized? I would say yes if it cannot be undone using the tools designed for the job. In my case I have been told that the screws should be turnable by hand - therefor it must be seized. I am not an engineer though so it could all be gobbaldy gook. Probably spelt that wrong as well :)

Vara

Visit site
Noticed that B&Q are now stocking 3in1 professional range which includes copper which is what you want.IIRC £4.98.....should last ages though.

EASLOOP

Visit site
I will give B&Q a try. If I am lucky I will find it in the store - our local B&Q is so big now you need a bicycle to get around.

P.S. How do you get those smiley faces into the text? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Oops! never mind - just figured it out!!!

richardandtracy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If I am lucky I will find it in the store - our local B&Q is so big now you need a bicycle to get around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the one. I've NEVER bought anything there, it's so big not even the staff know where things are.

Regards

Richard.