Bored ex aircraft techie wants something to fiddle with

oGaryo

Visit site
Well, here's a thing... replacement boat purchased in November last year.. fixed a few things and have upgraded a bunch of stuff and I should be ever so content in the fact that apart from a few cosmetic items, she's ready for the season.. Strangely though I'm not, I have this yearning for something else to break so I can fix it rather than just turn up and go.... I think I've lost the plot :eek:

oGaryo

Visit site
saving that one up until the end of the season.. know where I want it to go, have fitted the skin fitting and run the ducting + have all the compression joints, SAS gas leak sensor and bubble monitor ready but building the gas cabinet is the kiddy that's holding it up and that can wait until the cold's upon us again.

jfm

Visit site
Read BartW's "Princess or Ferretti" thread Gary and buy Nefertari, the blue hulled beautiful Canados 70S. Plenty of jobs there :)

rafiki_

Visit site
saving that one up until the end of the season.. know where I want it to go, have fitted the skin fitting and run the ducting + have all the compression joints, SAS gas leak sensor and bubble monitor ready but building the gas cabinet is the kiddy that's holding it up and that can wait until the cold's upon us again.

I'll be very interested in this. Rafiki will come out of the water at in Oct, and I will look at this as a Winter job, assuming we don't get the same arctic conditions again. She has a heater matrix in the cabin, heated from the calorifier, which is a bit like mudflaps on a tortoise, and far too noisy for me anyway. However, we do not have gas on board, cooking is electric, so an additional safety issue for me to consider. The bottle could go in the chain locker in the bow, as this is vented, in its own cupboard, but again, an additional compecation we don't currently have. Meantime I've got to get the heat exchangers off, and cleared ready for the season, plus all the cutting a polishing. Deep joy.

gjgm

Visit site
Well, here's a thing... replacement boat purchased in November last year.. fixed a few things and have upgraded a bunch of stuff and I should be ever so content in the fact that apart from a few cosmetic items, she's ready for the season.. Strangely though I'm not, I have this yearning for something else to break so I can fix it rather than just turn up and go.... I think I've lost the plot :eek:
Its the time of year. Once the better weather is here you'll be wanting to turn up an go and be pi**ed off if something is broken.