Boats with Wheel steering

Noel

Visit site
I am looking for a yacht under 30' long that has wheel rather than tiller steering.

The only ones I have found so far are the McGregor 26 and the Legend range of yachts.

Does anyone know of any others ?

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
Sunlair at 27 ft the largest of the Sunspot/star/ray range but rather eldery and not very common. Cheiftain, the Centaur with aft cabin, and presumably its fin keeled cousin, all also rather elderly. Also a number of small motor-sailers eg Colvics, Fisher 25, Southerlies, Konsort Duo, Hardies, Hillyards........

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple>Ne te confundant illegitimi.</font color=purple>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
Moodys made the later S31 with wheel steering. You do loose a lot of head room down below in the aft cabin with wheel steering on a smaller boat.

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>

Ric

Visit site
The Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 29.2 is available with wheel steering as an option

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldestgit

Visit site
Hi Noel:

Some Leisure 29's although possibly hard to come by and also possibly some Leisure 27's which might be easier to get, but the extra 2 foot in the wheel vicinity is priceless.

Have fun looking....... Peter.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tome

www.google.co.uk
I've used tiller steering on boats up to 40 ft, and although our current boat is wheel steered I would chose tiller every time, especially for a 30 ft boat. Why is wheel steering important?

<hr width=100% size=1>

andyorr

Visit site
My Moody 31 has wheel. I like it but in port in gets in the way a bit. I saw a Leisure 27 with a wheel in last months Yachting Monthly.

<hr width=100% size=1>