Boat theft from Messolongi ?

Davy_S

Visit site
Bit of excitement for Kef, Levkas and Ithaki coast guard yesterday when a 30 y-o foreign national was rescued from a dinghy after the boat he was in sank off northwest Kef. After being taken to Fiskardo and confirmed to be in good health the lone sailor was arrested for theft of the vessel from Misolongi.

No more details yet,

Davy_S

Visit site
Apparently the bloke in the dinghy claimed the vessel which had sunk was the SIDDHARTHA but Greek coast guard discovered this was incorrect and alerted Italian coast guard who located the boat, under a different name, 18 nautical miles off the coast of Rocella, Italy.

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Apparently the bloke in the dinghy claimed the vessel which had sunk was the SIDDHARTHA but Greek coast guard discovered this was incorrect and alerted Italian coast guard who located the boat, under a different name, 18 nautical miles off the coast of Rocella, Italy.

Now I'm confused! :confused:

What was the boat located by the Italian coastguard? The Siddhartha, or the one the bloke in a dinghy claimed was sunk? Or are they one and the same?

Davy_S

Visit site
My take on this, the bloke in the dinghy claimed the boat Siddhartha had sunk, in fact this was a lie, the nicked boat, under its real name was caught on its way to Italy.

will update if i find out more ( info is patchy at best) I had hoped someone in Fiskardo would have seen what happened.