Boat seeking, St Maarten

[3889]

Visit site
We're currently in St Maarten having just left a TransAt boat and have 3-4 weeks to kill before joining the next boat. Can anyone advise on bars etc. where crew-seeking boat owners might best be found. Trawled the usual websites with little success so far.

[3889]

Visit site
Thanks both for heads up. Visited StMYC today and got some useful leads including Lagoonies so presume it's still there. Tomorrow will tell.

Zing

Visit site
I’ve never found anyone looking for crew mid season. Also, isn’t St Maarten still so badly beaten up that it’s a bit deserted?

Last edited:

[3889]

Visit site
I’ve never found anyone looking for crew mid season. Also, isn’t St Maarten still so badly beaten up that it’s a bit deserted?

Doesn't seem too bad... boats coming and going though not sure what it was like pre-Irma. As to timing, it's a case of "If I wanted to go to Dublin I wouldn't be starting here."

jdc

Visit site
Some people seeking a passage put a note in the window of Island Water World (chandlery) in Marigot Bay on the French side, but that is, I think, mostly those wanting a passage back to Europe so more active in May.

[3889]

Visit site
Some people seeking a passage put a note in the window of Island Water World (chandlery) in Marigot Bay on the French side, but that is, I think, mostly those wanting a passage back to Europe so more active in May.

Thanks but given up there, now as nothing doing. Couple of decent offerings in Cartegena so time to fly...only 8 hours longer than flying there from Manchester!