Boat Recomendations

Ohdrat

Visit site
Why is it that when this forum is asked to recomend a first (or even 2nd) boat in the 20 ft range no one seems to mention the Huners.. Horizons, Channels etc..?? I haven't sailed one myself but them seem to have a keen following.. I know a lot are kit built but as kit built boats go they are supposed to be better than average regarding interior fit out.. We all seem really keen on the Hurleys/Leisures/Contessa26/Smaller Westerleys etc are we ignoring another good marque?

Jacket

I\'m in Cambridge, boat\'s at Titchmarsh marina, W
Visit site
They seem good boats - I was tempted by an old second hand one a few years ago. Its just a pity that their styling makes them look like the toy boats I was given to play with in the bath as a kid!

On a slightly different note, Hunters definately have the best, or at least the nicest, salesmen. As I'm only in my early 20's, and without the accent to suggest I may have inherited a pile of money from 'daddy', most of the salesmen at the boat shows are loath to take me seriously, and many are just plain rude.

However, I've got a GK, and one day, when I stop playing and go and get a real job, I'll be looking to buy a bigger boat. those companies that were rude are very unlikely to see my money.

By contrast, Hunters have always taken time to chat and to show me round their boats, even when I admited that I wasn't looking to buy, just being nosey. They even went as far as to suggest that I couldn't do much better than my current boat, and should stick with it for the forseable future! This friendly attitude means that when I do decide to trade up, they'll be my first port of call.

Possibly there's a reason why Hunters are one of the few British boat builders to survive?

Gunfleet

Visit site
<<As I'm only in my early 20's, and without the accent to suggest I may have inherited a pile of money from 'daddy', most of the salesmen at the boat shows are loath to take me seriously, and many are just plain rude.
>>
If this really is their attitude they should check out the age of the most famous yachtswoman in Britain!