Boat Pictures.Newport

graham

Visit site
I put pictures of boats I get pictures of in a blog.

Boat Pictures Blog

Took this one in Newport River yesterday ,anyone know the name?
011-1.jpg

Also spotted this sad sight.Appartently she is a Westerley Ketch. People I spoke to at NUSC didnt know the reason for sinking.
007-4.jpg
Must be an awful experience to discover your pride and joy like that.Commiserations to the owner.

We spent the night on their pontoon and sailed back yesterday morning.wind on the nose one reef in main and boat going great despite the weed on the bottom.....
veganport.jpg

010-2.jpg
crew burning the toast.

Sailing out of the River.
017-2.jpg

Newport River can be busy with ships . On the one tide we spotted 1 Large ship with 2 tugs and about 4 smaller ships moving in the river.

Sailing_Matt

Visit site
Some great pictures there Graham, I live in Bassaleg in Newport and from my window I can see the ships coming in and out. Some are really massive. Apparently the power station on the banks of the river was used in the Dr Who episode with the Cyber men

bluedragon

Visit site
Just to completely hijack this thread /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...it won't stop the crew from burning the toast Graham, but here's a strongly recommended gizmo that is way quicker than a grill or frying pan. Bought one in Tenby a few weeks back and made eight rounds of toast this morning over the gas ring in about 4 mins!! I think I paid less than this though http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/ishop/877/shopscr1126.html

Sneds

Visit site
Can you stay afloat in Newport? (My home town is Cwmbran and would love to take the boat to Newport, 28' sports cruiser - with engines /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Sneds

Visit site
OK thanks for that, shame about that sunken boat, that would be a nightmare.
Lets hope its insured.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Great pics, the sunk one looks like mine.....scary at first look.
Saw you out Sunday......Hey great sail back onto your mooring. (we were out on the club J80)

graham

Visit site
Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif This is the great attraction of Cardiff Bay for me within 30 minutes of deciding to go for a sail I can be letting the mooring go back the jib and sailing away .

Were you doing your ICC in the J80? Good day for it yet surprisingly few sailing on the Bay.I guess yesterdays crap weather put them off.At one time I think there were only about 6 boats and the "Mathew" underway.Ive seen more on a weekday.

graham

Visit site
Re the toast rack,we have a meths burning cooker.Not sure if the toast would aquire a meths taste?

I miss the grill we used to have with the gas cooker but the meths is very safe and you know exactly how much fuel you have left. Also on a boat as small as ours it saves space needed for a gas bottle.

bluedragon

Visit site
It might work. The mesh at the bottom of the toast rack glows bright red and does the grilling. Don't you like the taste of Meths? It used to be very popular with certain inhabitants of the Docks in the old days /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif