Boat not selling in Spain... update

JumbleDuck

Visit site
This is a truly terrible picture:

6691498_orig.jpg

It looks as if the mattresses, headboard and side wall all have stains - body fluids? - on them. Is that a watermark on the headboard as well? That image alone would send me running for the hills. Some nice bedlinen would help enormously.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Yes, not ideal.

The saloon seating fares little better. The furthest cushion seems to be a different colour to the rest (bare foam inner minus the outer covering ?).

You really do have to be brutal with yourself when selling stuff.

Henry :)

mikemcgregor

Visit site
Thanks..... will move price to front page.

Midships cabin has suffered from rain water ingress from open porthole during a severe rainstorm and Cranchi in their infinite wisdom have designed the deck water outfall directly above the port hole!.

Saloon cushions are all same colour it must be my poor camera technique!

Thanks for comments everyone.

[2068]

Visit site
Is it a fishing boat or a cruiser?
Most in the market for one, wouldn't really be interested in the other.

Hugh Foulis

Carlisle. The Happiest Place in Britain (Official)
Visit site
Agree with others, needs some bedlinen for the cabin photo and some scatter cushions/ flowers/ornaments for the saloon picture, Something to make it interesting to the eye. I think you have taken "bloke" photos i.e. thats what it looks like. You need to take shop window photos, this is how it could be.
Good Luck.

mikemcgregor

Visit site
5434898.jpg

I'm not sure what would cause that from a technical perspective. A weird one for sure !

Henry :)

SWMBO has reminded me that the seat cover had a slight stain on it so it has been washed!!!!!! So I said she might as well wash all the others as well. Then I ducked as a right hook was swinging into me!

lionelz

Visit site
SWMBO has reminded me that the seat cover had a slight stain on it so it has been washed!!!!!! So I said she might as well wash all the others as well. Then I ducked as a right hook was swinging into me!

Lol brilliant clearly a very brave man. Mind you if you were really brave you could have a go yourself just ensure no colours in the wash

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Midships cabin has suffered from rain water ingress from open porthole during a severe rainstorm and Cranchi in their infinite wisdom have designed the deck water outfall directly above the port hole!.

Definitely worth hiding the evidence. The "seedy Earl's Court bedsit" look really isn't very appealing.

Garold

Visit site
thanks......will have a look at tarting it up a bit.

When we sold our last boat we went out and spent about £200, buying new cushions for the saloon, new quilts and pillows for all the beds, new matching bedding that complemented the boat decor. She looked, smelled, and felt fresh. These additions also gave the boat a ready to go feeling.

Also, when we found a buyer, he had seen a few previous boats and was a bit jaded. So, he specified that when he came to view he expected to see no big scratches on the floor or the woodwork, the taps and sinks should be free of any lime scale deposits, and the inside of the oven should be ready to use, and there should be no rusty or tarnished metalwork (inside the boat).

My wife and I felt a bit under pressure but at least he had given us some advance warning of his requirements and his expectations. Even though we had already prepared our boat for sale with all the new bedding etc, we scrubbed all weekend. We were toothbrush cleaning round the back of the taps and hand cleaning the engines and the hull underneath them.

Anyway, the guy and his wife flew in from Germany for the day, and with a very professional and persistent job from John Rodriguez, we sold the boat to our German buyer. John had also taken fantastic pictures and done a great advert and pursued every enquiry.

My wife and I also did everything that was possible for us to do. But the boat sold, so I was happy.

Some people seem to just sell their boats with no effort, but that is not my experience.

Cheers

Garold

mikemcgregor

Visit site
When we sold our last boat we went out and spent about £200, buying new cushions for the saloon, new quilts and pillows for all the beds, new matching bedding that complemented the boat decor. She looked, smelled, and felt fresh. These additions also gave the boat a ready to go feeling.

Also, when we found a buyer, he had seen a few previous boats and was a bit jaded. So, he specified that when he came to view he expected to see no big scratches on the floor or the woodwork, the taps and sinks should be free of any lime scale deposits, and the inside of the oven should be ready to use, and there should be no rusty or tarnished metalwork (inside the boat).

My wife and I felt a bit under pressure but at least he had given us some advance warning of his requirements and his expectations. Even though we had already prepared our boat for sale with all the new bedding etc, we scrubbed all weekend. We were toothbrush cleaning round the back of the taps and hand cleaning the engines and the hull underneath them.

Anyway, the guy and his wife flew in from Germany for the day, and with a very professional and persistent job from John Rodriguez, we sold the boat to our German buyer. John had also taken fantastic pictures and done a great advert and pursued every enquiry.

My wife and I also did everything that was possible for us to do. But the boat sold, so I was happy.

Some people seem to just sell their boats with no effort, but that is not my experience.

Cheers

Garold

Glad you had a successful outcome....... fingers crossed!

Jim@sea

Visit site
Viewing the photo with the nose up one would assume that the boat does not have "Trim Tabs" If I was buying the boat I would look to having them fitted.
PS. I would put the boat on ebay. I had my French House up for sale for 4 years with French Estate Agents and when I listed it on eBay it went in 6 months, mind you we had to drop the price a lot, fortunately when it sold the Pound was only €1.20 so if we sold it now we would have lost even less.
Also why not offer to take a PX. Perhaps up to £10,000 I certainly know that when I want another boat my wife will insist that I get rid of my present boat first.

Last edited:

mikemcgregor

Visit site
Viewing the photo with the nose up one would assume that the boat does not have "Trim Tabs" If I was buying the boat I would look to having them fitted.
PS. I would put the boat on ebay. I had my French House up for sale for 4 years with French Estate Agents and when I listed it on eBay it went in 6 months, mind you we had to drop the price a lot, fortunately when it sold the Pound was only €1.20 so if we sold it now we would have lost even less.
Also why not offer to take a PX. Perhaps up to £10,000 I certainly know that when I want another boat my wife will insist that I get rid of my present boat first.

It does have trim tabs.... both photos with nose up were taken as I accelerated. I normally trim when at cruising speed.
Did try Ebay but only got scammers just wanting my pay pal details without even wanting to view it first!

Thanks for your comments