Boat insurance

G

Just had my insurance renewal , it has increased by at least 25% with no claims . Any good deals available i'm currently with Haven knox Johnson. Quoted £370 for P45 value 75K.

G

Mark I had the same problem, sold the princess 388 value 110k took birchwood in part ex value 70k(on a good day) company I had the 388 with were doing no more business so had to put it with new co, turned out more money for less value boat, so god knows what to expect to pay next time for 110k boat, dont think im gonna bother for a bit untill things settle down, heard from local marina where I do work that they have stopped doing business with knoxjohnston because of quotes too high, Norwich union now a good bet can give no for them if you like.

paul js.

G

Mark have you changed yer boat for a P45 then ????????/

"The Med is calling me"

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Compared to car insurance, that sounds like bloody good value to me. I use Bishop Skinner for what its worth and found them competitive
More important than saving a few quid, in my view, is how good the company is when it comes to dealing with claims and I've found BS v. good in that respect.

miket

Visit site
I have just changed from Haven to St Margerets, Premium policy (something like that anyway) For owners with a good claims record.

Saved £170 pa on the Haven premium. (insured value £145k)
Questioned, "why" with St Margerets, and was reasonably reassured.

Had an unhappy claim experience with Haven, related on this site some time ago.

miket

Visit site
I have just changed from Haven to St Margerets, Premium policy (something like that anyway) For owners with a good claims record.

Saved £170 pa on the Haven premium. (insured value £145k)
Questioned, "why" with St Margerets, and was reasonably reassured.

Had an unhappy claim experience with Haven, related on this site some time ago.