Boarding steps

mcanderson

Visit site
Anyone got any good ideas for a set of fold away steps that I could use to help my wife get on our boat when she (the yacht) is alongside. The yacht (Beneteau 323) doesn't have particularily highside, but she (my wife) isn't the tallest of people.

Many thanks.

Hoolie

Visit site
We use 2-tread aluminium/plastic steps that hook over the toe-rail when needed. No problems but need a line to ensure they don't fall off. Available at most chandleries.

Cliveshep

Visit site
We do the same, and agree totally with you. Only thing we do different is I had some purpose made fittings, basically short tubes on a base, into which the arms of the ladder go, much more secure that way as it doesn't slide about. You're also right tho' about a line to secure it to the boat, they are light enough to get kicked off from above or if the dinghy hits them wrongly.

mcanderson

Visit site
I have though about all the offerings made, but I was think more along the line of a set of fold away steps that would stow away easily in our cockpit locker.

Cliveshep

Visit site
I think everyone jumped to the same conclusion, that you were looking to get your wife boarded onto and not off or out from the cockpit. Can't you just chuck her over the side? (Joke, honest!)

mcanderson

Visit site
Nope, just to make it easier for her to board from the pontoon over the guard wire onto the deck. She can do it easily enough, but in tight jeans it can be a bit of a hassle.

TamarMike

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Nope, just to make it easier for her to board from the pontoon over the guard wire onto the deck. She can do it easily enough, but in tight jeans it can be a bit of a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not fit pelican clips to the guardrails so they can be dropped when boarding.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Alternative solution

31-3026641SPA71UC555916T.jpg
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Saddletramp

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
She can do it easily enough, but in tight jeans it can be a bit of a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm? ........ There must be a simple solution here but I can't quite put my finger on it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif