'Blue Loo' Capsules for Heads

G

\'Blue Loo\' Capsules for Heads

I installed an in-line heads treatment system last year. It makes the flush water blue and helps keep the heads smelling sweet. Works fine but the blue capsules are a bit expensive (over £5.00 for 2 plus £5.00 p&p) and they don't last long. I am considering using domestic 'Blue Loo' capsules, available at much lower cost from the supermarket, but I am concerned they might damage the pump seals. Can anyone advise?

davidwf

Visit site
Re: \'Blue Loo\' Capsules for Heads

I tend to fill the bowl with fresh water when putting the boat to bed and then pump out. This seems to keep the heads smelling sweeter tha leaving seawater in the works. Cheap and worth a try if you've got a plentyful supply of fresh water.

cynthia

Visit site

We tried the Lee Sanitation in line cartridge, but it only lasted a few days. A letter them remains unanswered! Now using the same system from a German firm - same fitting, much bigger, cheaper and that seems fine. Still a bit pricey. Been told they work just as well, but last longer if permanently inverted.

The loo blue sounds tempting and cheap, so look forwards to the replies from the resident chemists who probably can calculate the effect of the bleach on plastic. Still the plastic bottle ours is contained in shows no sign of deterioration, so who knows?

G

Thanks for the advice David, sadly I can't use your method as fresh water is v. scarce where I keep my boat. Ho hum.

G

Thanks Cynthia, its the Lee System that I am using - the short life of their capsules, the high price and their unhelpful attitude have prompted me to look for an alternative. Do you have details of the German alternative? Thanks in anticipation.

G

No Blu Tablets

If the blue is just decoration and what you need is the clorination, how about the chlorine nuggets that they sell for putting in swimming pools clorinators. They are about the right size and dirt cheap in comparison. I gather that the BLU GOO might contain a little soap, so steal some hotel soap buds and add them too.

tech@yandina.com

ArthurWood

Visit site

I would suspect that the high level of chlorine in home loo tablets would not be healthy for any synthetic rubber seals.