Blind Sailing

elton

www.boatit.co.uk
I couldn't find much content on your site, and I'm interested in your experiences. I've often wondered how useful sight actually is when sailing, particularly when the mist decends and the universe turns into a kind of bubble, and you could be absolutely anywhere. I'd like to know how you identify the various sheets, and how much you depend on instruments, and whether you have them fitted with speech synthesisers, and how you get on and off your mooring. You might even have a few useful tips for the rest of us!

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
The late, great Des Sleightholme was a keen supporter of blind sailors - I use to see him regularly with a boatload when I was based in Plymouth back in the 80s.

I too would like to know more about how you deal with your condition. My mother has very bad macular degeneration & I'm always amazed at what she can 'see'. The brain is an amazing thing.

NUTMEG

www.theblindsailor.co.uk
Thanks chaps

Not entirely sure where the blog is supposed to be going, no master plan or overarching vision for it. Sort of 'suck it and see' really.

Still always fun doing anything even remotely boaty. Better then marking geography coursework anyway.

More content now added, and been thinking about the 'other senses' comment, interesting, I have never really thought about it, but will now!

Thanks again,

Steve