Birmingham show

Sneds

Visit site
SWMBO and me went today and had a great time!
After listening to everyone being disapointed with Excel and So'ton, maybe smaller shows are the way to go?
Every exhibitor welcoming you on board, no massive queues, no London traffic........... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Met some MBM peeps and Ash from D-fender (I think his id on here is Ash 1) had a stand with a great range of "soft feel" dock fenders.
No connection or interest but a great product so here's a link!
http://www.ashmouldings.co.uk/

Boat of the show? Searanger 43

DIW

Visit site
Absolutely agree SWMBO and me went on Wednesday and had a great time everybody so friendly. Loved the Interior of the replica Dutch Barge by The New Boat Co. Met quite a few familiar faces in the Boat Hall.

Philiz

www.shabiera.co.uk
We went yesterday, found it the same, all the exhibitors were welcoming and spent the time to chat, even though we made it clear we weren't in the market. Seemed reasonably busy, most exhibitors were up beat.
all in all a good small show, would've liked to have seen a bit more there but suppose most of the stops were pulled out for SIBS. We managed to find most of what we were after /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulrh

WWW.smallandco.co.uk
I didnt rate the Excel show not alot there but thought southampton show was good seemed a lot more smaller stalls and some good bargans about, won't do the Excel again not made the Birmingham show

Paul

bendyone

Visit site
I went yesterday, good show, plenty of the smaller impulse buy stand that were missing from the London show. Got some lovely cheese /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Now stalls are to be found in your local Monday Market ..... We have stands

Now no mention of the wonderfully helpful staff on the MBM stand ?

As always I have been pleasantly surprised by the sheer number of boat owners attending the show

blueglass

Visit site
have been to a few of these and enjoyed the day but it is still really a caravan show with a few boats. Its a hefty ticket price when all you are interested in is maybe 20% of the content pity they couldn't have a separate entarnce and lower ticket for boat halls only.

Kawasaki

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Trouble with that is that you'd miss out on the bargains available re.items that are useful for boating but which are in the Camping and Caravan areas.
Eg Trailer spares, Shorepower and other electrical stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Pilliz found some bargains in that Area.
I believe those Guys would find Bargains in Harrods however /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

zt260

www.ashmouldings.co.uk
Thanks for that Ian thoroughly enjoyed talking to you and mrs, Sneds (hope your looking after mi boat) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
also thanks to bendyone for calling and having a chat.
hope to see/talk to you all again in the future,
It seems a few boats were sold this week
cruiserers 330 had sold sign on today the bayliner 288? discovery was sold also i beleive 3 crownlines were sold,
and the ranger, and serious interest in the fairline phantom,
a few of the narrow boats had sold signs on as well
But the boat that had non stop traffic on all week was the trusty T23 a loverly little boat with nice fit out and a class B hull,
right im off to soak mi feet,
thanks again
ash

ian38_39

Visit site
I think exhibitors miss a trick by not bringing more chandlery to the show.
If like me you are a costal boater based in Birmingham you have plenty of time to look round the boat sellers while on your boat, what you don't have time to do is get to all the chandlers in time to undertake those little jobs on board.
I know there is the internet but that is not the same as browsing the bits.

All in all though another good year, maybe it should be Birmingham putting on the second biggest show instead of London. Good access from all over the country, not just the south coast and a great exhibition facility with as much space as anyone could wish for.

Only problem I can see is moving the bigger boats. anyone know what the biggest you can move by road is?

Ian

zt260

www.ashmouldings.co.uk
the woman selling magnetic bracelets at £40each seemed to do a roaring trade all week,i think i,ll start selling them in future, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif