BIG shout to Boatability!

Coastgal

www.sailblogs.com
Had a fantastic afternoon's training with Nick at Boatability on Friday afternoon. The guy is a genius! We recently bought a 10m flybridge twin screw, and I've been somewhat wary about taking the helm in close quarters. So hubby's been having the fun stuff and I've been the designated fender girl.

BUT NOT ANYMORE! In just 3 hours, Nick had me spinning our boat on a six pence and manoeuvring into our extremely tight berth (so tight that we apply vaseline to squeeze in beside the trimaran next door /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Poor HIMBO has now become Fender Bloke/Line Lubber. Here's to a great summer of girl power cruising! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks - Stacey

SovereignDiver

Visit site
Hey Stacey.

Well done. But please don't let anyone else know.
My fender Girl really loves her role as part of the crew and I would hate Nick to offer to spoil her fun!!!

Mike O /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RogerRat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
BUT NOT ANYMORE! In just 3 hours, Nick had me spinning on a six pence an we apply vaseline to squeeze in . Thanks - Stacey

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you had a great time! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just proves what a bit of good tuition can do. Can't recommend it strongly enough! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My fender bitch (just wot we call 'em round our parts) is still frightened of berthing our boat, even though she went through the same excercise as you've just done on a previous boat. She still prefers the ropes and fenders. (lucky for me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Coastgal

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BUT NOT ANYMORE! In just 3 hours, Nick had me spinning on a six pence an we apply vaseline to squeeze in . Thanks - Stacey

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Nice one!

Coastgal

www.sailblogs.com
Wot - you've never heard of <span style="color:blue"> He Is My Buoy Officer</span> ? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Actually, it's my poor rendering of the male equivalent to SW(I)MBO /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. So gramatically it should be HWMBO...but where's the fun in that?!*

Stacey