Best Place To Advertise Boaty Equipment But Not A Boat?

Goldie

Visit site
I have a beautiful custom made saloon table to sell but it’s worth more than I’m allowed in the For Sale section here. I’m not a fan of, or particularly familiar with eBay so where have forumites found effective in selling boaty equipment? I’ve got it on Gumtree, but where else?

ylop

Visit site
Thanks. Apollo duck I can try but I don’t and won’t do FaceCloth.
I can understand why you probably don’t want to have anything to do with Facebook… but Facebook market place is probably even more relevant for this than eBay… so if you exclude those I think you are really narrowing your pool of shoppers.

steveeasy

Visit site
I’m not a Facebook fan but I can tell you it’s where I buy all my used bits for boats. Not eBay. Face book gets massive exposure to potential buyers. I sell a lot of stuff. I had an old pair of xxl trousers advertised them for 60 quid and sold them instantly. No I’m not xxl size either.
Steveeasy

Goldie

Visit site
OK, thanks all; looks like I might have to investigate FB Marketplace…

Edit: just had a look and confirmed that you can’t use Marketplace without a FB account. Hey ho, back to square 1!

Last edited:

Daverw

Visit site
You can have a very basic FB account with very few details, you will see a lot of these just to get access to Marketplace etc, some of the sailing groups are just for selling sailing stuff