Berths on Costa Blanca

Oceanranger

Visit site
Later this year we are moving to Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca and plan to take our 11.5 metre Westerly (draught 1.52 metres) to Spain the following year. Preliminary enquiries have drawn a blank regarding marina berths. Does anyone know of any marinas along that coast which might have a permanent berth available? Are there any limits on the time a UK yacht can stay in Spain, given that we will be resident there?

<hr width=100% size=1>

paulrossall

Visit site
My mate has a berth in the fishing dock at Marbella where he has been for 2 years, so I dont think there is a time limit. He found it difficult to get a berth. Have you tried Estoponia? I went to see the marina when on holiday last year and there were empty berths.

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
You know what they say about rocking horse droppings? Don't mean to be a killjoy, but you will be VERY lucky to find a berth in that part of Spain anywhere other than Almerimar or Aquadulce.
Even last summer when we spent a couple of weeks there, long-term berths were only available for boats upto 10mtrs. However, there is a nice marina at Tomas Maestre, at la Manga, that did have spaces, but it is a long drive round the inland sea.
Technically there are some restrictions but in practice you stay as long as you like.

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

Paulka

Visit site
See my post 2nd of March under "How long is the winter", about Formentera.
In what regards the Costa Blanca, I'm afraid there is no chance. :-(

Good luck.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ocean_Nomad

Visit site
Have just returned from Costa Blanca - was looking for a berth. Try Denia. I have bought a 21 year lease from the Club Nautico de Denia and joined the Club. You need to have the funds to put up front but over the period I estimate it will cost me about half the annual rental cost. There is also a new Marina at Denia (adjoining the Club Marina) which says it is full but the locals tell me you can get in if you arrive with cash. However dont wait until next year as any space will soon be taken up.Good luck!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sunny_Jim

Visit site
Try "Navicularia" Yacht Brokers Torrevieja. We have a berth from them for 6 months. They may still have some for rent. navibrok@ctv.es
http//www.navicularia.com
34 96 570 56 42

Good luck Torry is a pleasant little town with good chandlery run by expat.

<hr width=100% size=1>

smee

Visit site
Torrevieja is usually pretty packed (Marina Internacional), however if you talk to Eduardo the head Marinero he'll probably be able to find you a space, also try the marina office! Another option already mentioned is Navicularia, and also Oliver Marine know of moorings as well.

I know of more than one boat that is departing the marina this year and won't be coming back, so there will be at least two 14m berths available (slightly bigger than you require I know but I imagine you could use them). I daresay those two aren't the only two departing either. It is probably best to try in the early to mid summer when some of the boats have moved on, but if you leave it until Sept/Oct it will be filling up again.

One thing you should know is that the marina has sold/is selling the berths so much of them are privately owned, and from what I can tell the marina office does not take long term "bookings" on the ones they still own, in case they sell them.

Also a possibility is San Pedro Del Pinatar on the edge of the Mar Menor.

Several of the boats in the marina have lived there for years so there does not appear to be problems regarding long stays.

<hr width=100% size=1>