berthing

MRC

Visit site
Does anyone know of any brokers offering berths around 14m in the solent? Ive heard of Triangle Berth Brokers but thats it. Im looking to buy a 10 yr + lease.

Thnanks

Mike.

jfm

Visit site
There are plenty in the marina villages if you buy a house/apartment too, but I thought the market in just berths was quite thin, and Triangle the only known broker

tcm

Visit site
Re: thin or deep?

My understanding of the berth market is that it is populated by a decreasing number of speculators, and an increasing number of owner-occupiers. As owner-occupiers take hold... that's it. One has to wait until they die, and wifey sells the berth, or as happened recently in france, wifey goes down and gets boat fixed up properly instead of hanging about for nearly-dead husband to not get round to it. Ahem. Chris Gill of Triangle seems a very genuine chap.

Oh yes, deep. I meant deep pockets. See, once an owner-occupier buy a berth, he actually sees it go up in value. This is the only boaty thing that exhibits this phenomenon. So, he hangs on to it, the git being rich enuf to afford boat and berth, hence hardly any for sale.

MRC

Visit site
thanks for the replies, have been speaking to Chris at triangle, what a superb service, I have bought a lease on a 12m berth at Ocean Village thru him which my current boat is on, Im looking to take delivery of a new boat in the new year which wfit on my current berth. buying a long lease seems good sense even if at a later stage I look to sub let it.