Beaulieu Jumble - How much!!!?????

FullCircle

Visit site
I was going to take me and MRs FC to the Beaulieu Boat Jumble this Sunday, so I looked on the website, and see that this year, the entrance admission is

EIGHT QUID!!!!!

EACH!

Blimey, is it worth it?

With the cost of fuel down there and back, I reckon I would need to save a couple of hundred quid, there fore I would probably need to spend at least 600 quid, and that sumes that I find what I want.

Why is it so expensive to go shopping for second hand bits with no warranties?

Should I be going, or just not bother?

I note from the Boat Jumble Association website that all of the other venues are between £2.50 and £4.00....

Robin

Visit site
I think the idea is you can also visit the rest of Beaulieu's attractions as well as the jumble.

Last time we went it seemed like mostly a lot of semi-pro stalls selling stuff you could find on any street market, or a lot of junk or both. If I'd had something nicked it might be worth a visit to buy it back though.

If you go, take sandwiches or starve until you get out and find somewhere else, otherwise you will need to save even more on any purchases!

We are going sailing instead..

dancingwithmoons

Visit site
Its £6.50 online with PBO09 as a code
Half a class of red wine that
or you could have a glass for free on Moondance
Ill be at Bucklers Hard from Saturday Pm

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
600px-ICS_Romeo.svg.png

600px-ICS_Yankee.svg.png

Wandering Star

Visit site
You could lessen the cost by selling your present shack and buying something closer to Beaulieu. Not really the organisers fault you have to travel from out in lalaland to attend, most real sailors live close to the Solent!!

As someone else has pointed out, there are discounts if you book online quoting the code mentioned.

Is there going to be a central forumites meeting point (and time)? Be nice to meet a few new faces.

Cheers, Brian.

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Romeo Yankee? Am I not getting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may feel your way past me, I am dragging my anchor.....

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You could lessen the cost by selling your present shack and buying something closer to Beaulieu.

[/ QUOTE ]

My present shack wouldn't buy me a shoebox near Beaulieu, and the mooring fees increase would put me on medication....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Romeo Yankee? Am I not getting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may feel your way past me, I am dragging my anchor.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Proceed slowly & give wide berth /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I prefer my version. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Not really the organisers fault you have to travel from out in lalaland to attend, most real sailors live close to the Solent!!

[/ QUOTE ]
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
[ QUOTE ]

Is there going to be a central forumites meeting point (and time)? Be nice to meet a few new faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're only interested in meeting Solent forumites - you know, real sailors /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wandering Star

Visit site
No not at all, the Eastcoasters can meet in some muddy corner of the field where they should feel at home and the South Coast sailors can meet in the civilised comfort of Lord Montagus pad, the entrance fee for which is included in the ticket price.

Then we could all meet at some neutral halfway point provided you can find your way without getting lost?

Cheers, Brian.

pendlecats

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No not at all, the Eastcoasters can meet in some muddy corner of the field where they should feel at home and the South Coast sailors can meet in the civilised comfort of Lord Montagus pad, the entrance fee for which is included in the ticket price.

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not going then as I'll only be allowed access for a couple of hours a day and have to walk miles from the car park to get anywhere.
Andrew - NW