beach BBQ. July-Aug

ianainge

Visit site
Continuing the theme of all getting together for parties i.e Newtown Creek Revival i was discussing organising a beach BBQ around July August time with some berth holders at my marina and got a positive reply.Venue Sandown Bay Isle of Wight the eastern side is usually quite deserted as its a long walk from the main beach itself.Very good anchorage and very sheltered unless its an easterly.

Format arrive Saturday 4.00pm let the sunbathers go home or get there earlier, see us arriving on mass should help clear the beach.Anchor , launch tenders, nice sandy beach to land on.Take a couple of light weight tressle tables,if everyone takes a large disposable BBQ, some meat , booze and a salad/pasta/whatever dish, then lay the whole lot out nominate a couple of cooks, job done.

Take some music,football ,volley ball net etc if the weather allows we could stay there for the night.

any other suggestions welcome. who`s up for it?

<hr width=100% size=1>

terryw

Visit site
Sounds great to me. Went to Shanklin a couple of times last year, used one of the many mooring bouys provided. Had lunch, sunbathe on deck, etc, and back same day. Fantastic location (if sun is shining), and would definately be interested in coming along.

<hr width=100% size=1>If your nose is running, and your feet smell, you are upside down.

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Yes me definately, what a great idea, I should be capable of mangaing the IOW by then /forums/images/icons/wink.gif, put me down for x 3 people please.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Col

Visit site
Depends what date you have in mind. But, why not, they're always good for a laugh.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

andrewa

Visit site
Sounds great, one boat, 2 adults one 9 year old plus maybe friend though I have no tender.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: err don\'t you mean

Arrive 4:00pm saturday
sunbathers nowhere to be seen in the eye of a building F5 easterly that has brought the rain with it
proceed to get lightly drizzled whilst pumpint up dinghy
whilst swmbo gets stuff out of fridge
get into dinghy as wind builds knocking up spray and chop and that wets everyone as you go ashore

try to get a halfhearted football game as wives struggle to light Barbeques now situated under the trestle table to give it a chance to light

football disappears over horizon at first kick as noone had brought a proper one

barbeque now alight, as is trestle table.

pasta salad has is starting to fill with water as someoen throws bucket over wrong trestle table.

The gazebo someone brought heads same way as football.

everyone tucks into pasta salad and decides to just open the beer and get on with it.

that is what our family picnics to the creek ( not newtown) where like

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

ianainge

Visit site

I`ll take that as a no then Max,mind you if thats the sort of bad luck you bring to a BBQ maybe thats best. :)

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

i am not a good luck charm it has to be said.

but i did enjoy the last get together and so if someone can sort me out a lift across we would be delighted to go. lou was not traumatised after meeting you all.

despite your blatant attempts to bring her over to the dark side with tales of doing passage 40nm that takes us a day, completed in 2 hours.

oh and yes and everyone without fail saying

aaah so your missus s 2b....errr how do you put with him? that was choice that one

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site

Nah lads thats luxury compared tae his ither picniques! Did he tell ye aboot the wan where he had a turnip sandwich and relations with a scabby auld sheep?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Col

Visit site
40nm take 2 hrs.........

That reminds me Jimi,
You got your tow rope ready for IOW?Or do you want a head start???/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/colspics> Cols Picture Album</A>

jimi

Visit site
Re: 40nm take 2 hrs.........

You wait mate!! It'll be blowing a F8/forums/images/icons/frown.gif and I'll be the only one there!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

Nick2

Visit site
BBQ

Sounds fun - subject to dates working for us - sounds like a good opportunity to use my new dinghy.

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>Just can't understand why I'm not allowed to bring my new dinghy into the house.....

paulineb

Visit site
ok - as long as i don't get sand in my bits /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Pxx

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.paulinebeddoes.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery>The Perils of Pauline in Pics</A>

G

best make sure you don't drop them on the beach then, Pauline.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Col

Visit site
Thru'penny??

ianainge

Visit site
ok interested parties so far depending on date are

ianainge
alastair
ballena
paulineb
simongoldthorpe
nick_2
northernwave
col
happy1