Avon dinghies and inflatables

gonfishing

Visit site
As i live only 15 miles from the factory that produce Avon inflatable products,thought i would take a look at the place and peruse the goodies in the showroom,WRONG, no showroom ,no products on display, no sales area, so i went to reception, Lady was nice ,gave me nice posh brochure, i asked where nearest,dealer / stockist was so i could see goods in real life,was advised we have a dealer around the corner,but he hasn't got a showroom and doesn't keep any stock!!!!!!!! and U.K business wonders why sales are poor, and boat builders go under<(pardon the pun ) what is up with them all????????? looks like the competition or 2nd hand market will be getting my cash certainly not Avon

julian

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

HowardB

Visit site
Thanks for trying anyhow, on behalf of those of us who were waiting on your reply with the same query. Like you say... 2nd hand it may well have to be then!
Howard

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bob_G

Visit site
Like you, nobody seems to stock Avons except Dave Martin at Buckler Hard- guess they don't sell regularly enough and are the most expensive on the market. I ended up buying a Zodiac Yachtline tender- moulded area for the fuel tank, lighter than the Avon and much cheaper, but I think better than most of the others- proper rollocks etc

<hr width=100% size=1>

mad_boater

Visit site
I bought an Avon 2.8 ribb 2years ago.I am most disappointed with it ,the last time I cleaned it the soapy water showed all the seams were leaking (little bubbles appearing )and as I have a stearing console and controls fitted it will be a big job to remove all of this to send it back to avon. One other thing I dislike are the rowlocks (rubber O shapes with cutouts at the top) its almost imposibble to row with them. Why did I buy it? I suppose Avons reputation as being the "Rolls Royce"of dinghys.

<hr width=100% size=1>