Avon 315 Roll-up floor

Fire99

Visit site
Hi all,

I've an old Avon 315 Roll-up which I use as a tender on the ship. It came minus the inner floor (still had the inflatable keel, fortunately) and I did a temporary lash-up with bed slats but they are now falling to pieces and I was thinking..... Can I fit an aftermarket air floor? I've seen a few kicking around which seem around the right size so am I missing anything funamental about plopping one in instead of the slats?

Gracias..

PalmaTarga

Visit site
I would assume thickness as the deciding factor there. Having space for it to be inflated between the floor and tubes. Could create wear and stress on glued seams.

Greg2

Visit site
Would there be an issue about connecting the air deck to the bottom of the boat? Most air decks I have seen are either an integral element of the hull or are attached to an outer ‘skin’. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Fire99

Visit site
Thanks Greg. I assumed with an air deck over an existing V-floor, the deck just slotted into the 'groove' on the sides of the inflatable, much like the aluminium / slatted floors do, just thicker.

Fire99

Visit site
It's a bit of a quandry here. The plywood floor I had in a previous Avon was very heavy, which I want to avoid. I generally keep the inflatble 'pumped up' as I used it as a tender from davits (which are fairly lightweight) so ideally I'd like keep the dinghy light but rigid. I thought about PVC cladding panels, as used in bathrooms but I'm not sure if they'd be rigid enough between the dinghy edge and the inflatable 'sausage' keel in the centre. The bed-slat trick worked ok for a while but they fall to pieces fairly quickly. I managed about a year out of the last set.