Avoiding winter blues.

graham

Visit site
I am usually in deep off season depression by now ,No sailing for months and most of the winter refit jobs not done yet.

The reason is I find going aboard the boat out of the water ,usually in a mess off tools and junk and most of the upholstery removed, a depressing experience.

This year I am unseasonally cheerfull.

This year I have stayed afloat on my swinging mooring. Heeled her over next to a pontoon to scrub the bottom .Done a pile of small repairs AND had some sailing to blow the cobwebs off the boat and out of my head.

I took my nearly new sails ashore and bent on the old set which are still good enough for daysailing .The good ones are now washed and dried ready to back on in a few weeks.

What about that nasty water causing osmosis I hear some of you muttering? If it does it does,my boats done a 1/4 century now so perhaps could be likened to a mature lady making the most of her remaining time and not worrying about the odd wrinkle.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
Agree completely, some of my best sails are in the winter when there's some decent wind. Essentials IMHO are decent thermal underwear,fleeces,Offshore (at least)oilies,Diesel (or other) heater on the boat and lots of mars bars. To be quite honest you're better getting the boat out for a week or so in mid summer and get all the jobs done quick when its warm and long days!

<hr width=100% size=1>