AutoHelm Nautech

SteveJF

Visit site
I'm trying to find more info about this item that my brother left when he passed away. (I'm not a sailor). I understand it was working fine and the "belts" appear to have little or no wear. I can't seem to find the same model on the web. I think the serial number is KHC0811. Any help or direction to a manual would be appreciated. Photo of the unit is attached.IMG_2551.JPG

Tranona

Visit site
Welcome

That is a very, very old model 3000 wheelpilot - or at least part of it. Missing is the mounting bracket that holds the motor and the drive wheel that is attached to the steering wheel of the boat. The bit that looks like a compass is the electronics that sets the course. That type was only used on the very early models and was quickly superseded by the type shown in the user manual busse-yachtshop.de/pdf/rayST3000_wheel.pdf

An interesting curiosity and probably not of any value as not particularly good and last made over 20 years ago (I retired mine in 2010!)

SteveJF

Visit site
Thank you very much. Very helpful. I see there are parts for sale on Ebay and maybe I'll post the parts I have there.

Tranona

Visit site
Yes, the belt and the motor will likely find buyers. Not so sure about the control head as so few were made of that type and many likely to have been replaced with the later one