August 15th(ish) Anyone going Thames-France?

alpha

Visit site
We're pondering a trip from the Thames to France leaving August 15th(ish) getting back about ten days later. We have minimal sea experience and wonder whether we might team up or tag along with someone else doing a similar thing.....

Anyone got a similar plan?

(Even just to provide mutual re-assurance for the channel crossing).

syd

Visit site
Alpha,
Yes. Me me me. If the sale/purchase of old/new boat goes to plan in the next couple of weeks myself and my wife are planning a trip from Thurrock(near QE2 bridge) to Ramsgate, to meet up with my fat friend Byron, then on to Dunkurque.

The sale of my boat and purchase proceedure of new boat is under way so it shouldn't take that much longer.
Pencil me in please. If your on the upper reaches of the Thames you will have to pass my mooring en route. We've done the trip a couple of times before in a Pricess 32. great fun.
Cheers
Syd

Greg2

Visit site
Syd,
I have sent you a PM re your P32 - grateful if you could help with my queries.

Greg

miket

Visit site
I've been a river user for a long time, and also enjoy trips to the coast. I also positively encourage river users to try the coastal trips.

However, a word of caution. I see from your profile that you have 2 boats, Freemans 22 and 32. I also used to own a F32 which took us to Holland, France and East Coast very comfortably.
I would strongly advise against taking the F22. She is in no way a sea boat. I know any boat can go to sea in the right conditions, but personally I would not even consider it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

alpha

Visit site
Thanks for the positive responses above.

Don't worry, we're taking the 32. The 22 is in bits in a barn (as Coliholic knows), and we wouldn't dream of taking her to sea anyway!

Any more takers?