Atlantic Route

NCsailor

Visit site
I am preparing the Atlantic Route (Portugal, Canaries, Cabo Verde, Brazil, Venezuela, Caribe, Azores) for 2003/2005. We will sail in steel sailboat Van de Stadt 34.
I am trying to share information with people with experience on this route or people with same project for 2003.

Good Winds
Nuno

lindsay

Visit site
Went across two handed with another OAP two years ago via Canaries and Cabo Verde to Guadeloupe.Think whether you REALLY want to go to Cabo Verde. Although it is a nice 7 day, "getting to know you" run down from the Canaries we felt we had to stay a week there to look around to justify the trip - nice climate and nice people and very cheap.

However what this did was to break up our rythm of watches, sleep patterns, my enthusiasm for astro navigation and general familiarisation with the rythms of 24 hours a day sailing.

If I were to do it again I would go straight from the Canaries to the Caribbean and skip Cabo Verde.

However they say free advice is worth what you pay for it so just go and enjoy it whatever way your intuition tells you