Athens to Messolonghi

Yachtserenite

Visit site
Happy New Year all! Anybody travelling to Messo Marina from Athens airport between 10th and 17th May who would be interested in co-ordinating a taxi share? We did the reverse journey by bus and coach at the end of last season but thought we might try this as an alternative. The taxi which the marina arranges costs 60 euros pp but there is a minimum of 180 euros so it makes sense to share with another person. Alternatively, does anybody know another, more reasonably priced alternative . . . ? Can't wait to get back to Greece, to be honest!

Bitterend

Visit site
The Lefkas bus goes past the Messolonghi junction with the main road to / from Kifissou bus station which connects with the airport bus, cheap, efficient and comfortable. Call the marina to arrange a taxi when you arrive at the road end or when the bus stops at the cafe for a break just north of the Rio Bridge.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
One bus use to go straight into mess , may have changed now .
On another subject , is it true that the Marina has now stop people working on there boat on the hard , I keep being ask this question , it would be good to give a true-fully answer instead of ear say .

macd

Visit site
One bus use to go straight into mess , may have changed now .
On another subject , is it true that the Marina has now stop people working on there boat on the hard , I keep being ask this question , it would be good to give a true-fully answer instead of ear say.

There was still a direct bus from Athens to Messolonghi bus station last July. The timetable is freely available on line. Unless timing is critical, I can't see any reason to get a Levkas bus (or Preveza: both pass Mess): they all depart from the same place in Athens.

Can't add anything about the actual yard rules at Mess, but there were certainly people working on their own boats on the hard last summer, and seeming not to be inconspicuous about it. If I'd known you were going to ask, Vic, I'd have asked the office...and charged you for a cold one for the effort. ;) (Actually, I wouldn't: the office had just got new air-conditioning, which was chillingly effective once the staff overcame their habit of leaving all the doors and windows open.)

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
There was still a direct bus from Athens to Messolonghi bus station last July. The timetable is freely available on line. Unless timing is critical, I can't see any reason to get a Levkas bus (or Preveza: both pass Mess): they all depart from the same place in Athens.

Can't add anything about the actual yard rules at Mess, but there were certainly people working on their own boats on the hard last summer, and seeming not to be inconspicuous gabout it. If I'd known you were going to ask, Vic, I'd have asked the office...and charged you for a cold one for the effort. ;) (Actually, I wouldn't: the office had just got new air-conditioning, which was chillingly effective once the staff overcame their habit of leaving all the doors and windows open.)

Again I think this is just a rumour started by someone , I can't see Joe stopping people working on they boat , I think that would kill the Marina off ,
And you can keep ur cold , we don't want here , for once the Marina been almost cold and flu free this year , maybe it to do with the very mild weather we had , very much like spring weather although yesterday and over night it been blowing old boots . And it drop from 18c to 9 c .

Yachtserenite

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies . . . what I was really looking for was an alternative to the coach/bus method or using the 180 euro taxi. Maybe a private taxi company or a car hire company that allows a drop off at Messo but a pickup at Athens airport. I did use the coach and bus last year and it was fine, and know of people who have used the taxi organised by the marina. Just exploring alternatives . . . .