At last a proper review

G

Legend 356 Cat A ... When did a Hunter (USA) ever did/do a proper 'Cat A' passage.?

Three cheers to Simon Jinks and the CW testers for having done a test and in between the words published reality upon reality. (YM March 2002, Pags 90-91)

Cheers,

NigeCh

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Er . . . I think this has already been covered, see

Legend 356 - no stability curve

About five or six threads previously.

However, this is a new interpretation . . . and puts YM in a better light than my previous interpretation. Interesting to see if the full-page Legend ad is still there next month . . .

- Nick

richardknight

Visit site
We very nearly purchased a Legendt 4 years ago but for various reasons didn't - these weren't to do with the build quality, but rather a scrape she'd had between her keel and the base of a French canal... Legend's much like the Beneteau and Jeaneau's of this world offer as Simon Jinks put it, "space and creature comfort at a good price".

Would we buy one? I don't know is the answer. We'd certainly have a look. Our sailing is primarily coastal, and we aim not to be out when the weathers bad. You can't of course dictate the weather and we could be caught out. Any yacht involves a set of compromises, and although we and many others would I am sure say the quality (and perceived safety in a storm) of a Legend isn't as good as say a Hallbery Rassy it doesn't mean we wouldn't buy one. To give an analagy with the car world, if we only wished to drive the safest cars we'd all be in Mercs, BMW's and Volvo's. Bottom line though is price does make a difference which is why most of us don't drive such cars.

Like you Nigel, I thought it was a good review. Fair and balanced in his opinions, Simon told us when things were good but didn't shy away from the bad bits either.

Richard