As a Self Employed Person

G

I really am getting seriously p***ed off with that logo in the top righthand corner telling me that "Tax doesn't have to be Taxing"
After that sub hit some rocks in Scotland, I'm sure Gordon is asking me to pay for the repairs.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
It's not the most inspireing first sight in the morning. Is it.
Bit like graffiti on a bus shed wall.

1asi043.gif
<font color=blue>Haydn

Metabarca

Visit site
You're quite right, but IMHO you've no idea how lucky you are. I live in Italy:
- higher taxes. Pay a day late, you're fined (a lot) - no explanations, thank you very much. Oh, and please pay your taxes for next year too, even if you haven't earned the dosh yet.
- VAT: pay a date late, you're fined and no 'Dear Sir, unless' letters. State owes you: well, just carry it over to the next quarter... You close your business and are owed? Just wait a minimum of 5 years and (perhaps) you'll get YOUR money back...!

And if you have a query? Forget it; just pay. There's no-one to talk to, no information leaflets, nothing you can do by post or phone. The 'civil service' here is neither civil nor a service, belive me.
Rant over; now I can get to dreaming about boats again!

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: As an Employed Person on PAYE

Me too, have just received (for the third year running no less) humungous tax demand. Extremely peed off as each year they tell me I won't have to make any payments on account for the following year.

andy_wilson

Visit site
IR and VAT

If you aren't earning it, you won't have to pay it!

Try my approach.

Be thankfull each quarter (VAT) and Jan / July (IR) for the interest free loan they have allowed you to build up.

Then curse yourself for spending it on something else instead.

G

Why do I believe that if theres a unified tax system within Europe We (the daft soft sods that we are) will adopt yours.
BTW I'm in Italy on the 27th trying to make some dosh to pay Gordon his "un-just rewards" for next year.

yachtbits

www.yachtbits.com
Just remember the next time anyone rants about rip off chandlers or mail order companies, part of your invoice total is the tax we and our staff have to pay Gordon! without Gordons demands I could sell you bits even cheaper, but not much!

Suggestion, If all forum users refused to post anymore postings until the IR advert was removed, how long would it remain there?

ps, your tax has paid for that advert, does that mean that ybw.com is increasing our tax bills??

kev

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtbits.co.uk>http://www.yachtbits.co.uk</A>
sales@yachtbits.co.uk
marine electrics & electronics