Are we in a time warp!!

wakeup

Visit site
Its not just me then

I've spent the last 10 mins looking for the new posts in these old threads.

Seems like Kim is mounting his own campaign to be ON TOP.

yada yada..

tcm

Visit site
Re: succesful bug hunt

I knew this was a cr@p idea. Imagine if the last thing you touched was always in the top drawer. Soon, all the things you had ever touched wouldn't be filed away in any order other thanthe ordr in which you touched them. Experimentally, i responded to a few ancient threads, then deleted the post. This puts it back on top. I hope the IT mob aren't getting in a tizz.

Now, much much better wd be to sort out the sequence of sub-posts, which is currently weird, and not mess about with the resequencing ancient posts to the top of the pile. I responded to hlb's post AFTER wakeup but somehow this post is above wakeups - it should be below not above wakeups post. imho.

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Might have known it was you!! Hmm. The plot thickens. Seems to leave room for alot of missuse of system. Especialy if some one has a bone to pick!!

No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer!!!

Haydn

BarryH

Visit site

On the other hand it could bring attention to an old thread that may be of importance again. Or, as on other boards, totally cock things up. See now this is at the top again.

Wha'dya mean "I'm always playing with this engine" its the only way to get it to run!

lanason

Visit site
Problem definition

These comments are typical of what happens when people manage change.

The basic flaw is that the solution was proposed before the Problem had been indentified. Hence in this case the key question is to determine the objectives and then find a solution to fit it.

For example you go and buy a new fender and then try and work out where to hang it !!
This should be :- My boat could get damaged against the Pontoon. Hence solutions may be to fix a buffer strip to the Pontoon and not buy a fender in the first place !!!

So back to this forum - What is it here for, hence what sort of postings should we expect,
Do we want to discuss boat maintenecne ??
Do we want to discuss the social side of boating ??
Do we want to post jokes and funnies ??
Do we want to be like a "Club house" where boaty people get together and talk about anything from "politics, to work, to girlfriends"
etc ........
Difference here is that anyone can join in at anytime.

I only look here very rarely looking at any other of the forums. So I would tend to ask a Boat maint issue here rather than on PBO for example, cus I know you lot and how to interpret the answers !!!!

Once we get closer to understanding how we or indeed Kim wishes it to work then that should go a long way to determine the best way of displaying the posts.

Adrian

Any jobs going ??