Anyone like to borrow some Dutch guide books and charts for this summer?

MoodySabre

Visit site
I'm not going this year so mine are available for loan. I have two lots of each guide book (Busby & Broad and Navin), a Navid North Sea pilot (not current for windfarms so not for detailed passage planning) and charts galore and a Staandmast Book. And a Dutch dictionary and a few other bits. I find a road/train map useful for planning crew changes.

Can meet up Southend to Bradwell area.

PS
The Water Map Live app is worth £6.99 for a year of bridge timings etc. You can also download a copy of the current inland waterways rules (Binnenvaart Politie Reglement (BPR)) which is published in volume 1 of the ANWB Wateralmanak (only available in Dutch) or at Binnenvaartpolitiereglement 2023 - Waterkaart Live. You are required to have it on board even though it is Dutch.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I'm not going this year so mine are available for loan. I have two lots of each guide book (Busby & Broad and Navin), a Navid North Sea pilot (not current for windfarms so not for detailed passage planning) and charts galore and a Staandmast Book. And a Dutch dictionary and a few other bits. I find a road/train map useful for planning crew changes.

Can meet up Southend to Bradwell area.

PS
The Water Map Live app is worth £6.99 for a year of bridge timings etc. You can also download a copy of the current inland waterways rules (Binnenvaart Politie Reglement (BPR)) which is published in volume 1 of the ANWB Wateralmanak (only available in Dutch) or at Binnenvaartpolitiereglement 2023 - Waterkaart Live. You are required to have it on board even though it is Dutch.
Five stars for this guy , there not many who will be open to lend out their book .
shame you not got Denmark as that where we off to in a few weeks .

MoodySabre

Visit site
This is the East Coast Vic - a better kind of place. I’ve lent stuff out in previous years.
I hope you are going to do some exploring before taking off again.
I’d love to do the Baltic but my wife has retired from sailing and crew changes for a long trip are too complicated. Even Holland requires a bit of planning. Hey ho, serves me right for not sailing when I was younger.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
This is the East Coast Vic - a better kind of place. I’ve lent stuff out in previous years.
I hope you are going to do some exploring before taking off again.
I’d love to do the Baltic but my wife has retired from sailing and crew changes for a long trip are too complicated. Even Holland requires a bit of planning. Hey ho, serves me right for not sailing when I was younger.
We had five months last year in the Netherlands, so this year we will hit Holland for a few week then it’s of the Germany Kiel canal and on to Denmark .
have to say we looking forward to it,
after a winter of doing maintance not just on the boat but the house too and we could both do with a long cruise.

sailaboutvic

Visit site

terry casey

Visit site
Ok. thanks to you both. I am looking to travel from Niewpoort Belguim to Amsterdam in a 9.2 metre motorboat. And just trying to figure out what I need in both countries...

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Ok. thanks to you both. I am looking to travel from Niewpoort Belguim to Amsterdam in a 9.2 metre motorboat. And just trying to figure out what I need in both countries...
If you already checked in , I guess you may enter in Vlissingen, there no need to do anything
if you go as far as Ijmunden once through the lock just keep going .
if you need to check in , Ijmuiden once through the lock you can go on the wall , will will say no mooring but it’s fine , then a short walk to the ferry terminal you can Can check in there .

in Vlissingen you can call the official and there will come to you or during working hours you can go to them but it’s quite a walk .

Netherland are very laid back , we spend near on six months here last year and we never bothered checking in .

this year on the way to Denmark we checked in as we have two friend who was travelling back by ferry .
enjoy .