Anyone else out over the weekend?

Hirdsp

Visit site
Took the boat out for the first time in 2007...virtually had the river to myself...don't think I can remember a nicer trip for scenery? Anyone else venture out?

Gavi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Where did you go? didn't you see any rowers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rowing clubs in Staines were open for business. I only know this as I blurrily awoke to the sound of the megaphone...

Hirdsp

Visit site
I mean proper river users /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Went from Harleyford to George and Dragon for lunch (Wargrave). The lock keeper even left the gate open for my return!! Notice they all checked my licence before opening the lock though! My mate went through one lock to fill up with water on an 06 licence...the lock keeper said he should issue a caution...which led to me forging a court summons on behalf of the E.A. as a wind up!

byron

RIP
Visit site
In all my years I have never seen a vacant spot at the george & dragon so I have never ever been able to go there. Maybe its just the time of day that I am passing.

Hirdsp

Visit site
We have managed to moor a few times...but the mooring must have taken a battering over the last few weeks and 1/2 of it is loose! Can recommend the food/beer though....same group as the Ferry near Cookham.

Brayman

Visit site
We've moored there a few times some years back when it was a Harvester - once with Mo Man Tai rafting. As you say there always seems to be somone on the mooring these days and there isn't much of it. They don't permit overnight mooring either.