Any ybw members in the canaries?

STILL AFLOAT

Visit site
After a recent change in management, the marina in Las Palmas, is no longer giving any discounts.
You are not allowed to pay for 6 months, any more, apart from the few, in designated long term berths.
Also, work has started on a long abandoned sea wall, to the south of the Vela Latina harbour, to extend it by around 200 meters, so the marina, can expand over 2 basins & build up to 1000 new berths, over the next 5 years.
Supposedly, some of this new development, is to be private ?
Typically, the marina office, is not forthcoming with much, in the way of information.
The whispers in the wind, are saying the whole marina, is up for sale.
How true that is, I have no idea, just have to wait & see

Tim Good

Visit site
Can’t comment on this but it seems busier this year. Last year I arrived in Las Palmas to get a berth for a month or two whilst returning to the UK and it took about 3 days and the anchorage has perhaps 20 boats.

This year there are perhaps 30-40 boats out there and we waited 6 days to get a place and that’s after pestering them regularly.

Tim Good

Visit site
P.s if anyone is reading this and has a car in Las Palmas then I’d be very keen to do a gas run down to the Nisa Plant in exchange for beer dinner or gratitude :)