Any one fancy a change of career?

wully1

Visit site
Any decent publicans out there fancy and (stunning) change of scenery? Eejits need not apply, we have on of them ruining a good pub here as it is..

The Lord Of The Isles will remain closed and will shortly be marketed FOR SALE. Any interested parties should initially contact Lisa on lisaheadoffice@aol.com

It’s in Craobh Haven marina for those that don’t know.

steveeasy

Visit site
Been there a few times and had food. quite liked going in for beer after a good sail. as with some places not so busy. I wonder how often the average berth holder visits their boat. Cant see how it can be very profitable with low footfall.

Steveeasy

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
If Craobh Marina ever get planning permission for the housing development, The Lord of the Isles might make a reasonable return. That’s a long way away though.

Minerva

Visit site
Not for me, but hope it's open and running for Summer. It's a great pub and quite enjoy visiting when we've gone south!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Really enjoyed it in 2012 & 2014 when I stayed there for a couple of days both times. Made the stay very enjoyable. It was packed one evening & they forgot my food. (so had I,because I got into conversation with some people) They were so apologetic that they charged half price. Result really :p

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Visited loads of times when my parents lived aboard in the marina many years ago .... it was run by an alchoholic at the time and my brother was a barman. Great memories, including a trip to Crinan on King Duck after my brother befriended the skipper and engineer.

EDIT: Is the road to Ardfern still blocked with concrete blocks to try and disuade the influx of hippies from "happy valley"?

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
The LOTI has been running since 198

I’m assuming you mean the track and not the main road… No, never been blocked by concrete as far as I’m aware.
I do mean the track .... it was definitely blocked with concrete blocks, but this was the 90s. As I recall the marina owner at the time wanted to stop the riff-raff coming over from Ardfern and was trying to make the place a bit more up-market. I also remember my parents being moored up in Ardfern during Charles and Dianas wedding. I liked the area so much my boat was named after Irene McLachlans cat - as a child I signed her visitors book every year and always looked forward to visiting Ardinamir Bay on Luing.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
The marina doesn’t own the road. In the early days there were folks vehemently against Craobh Marina and the development, the usual reasons, don’t want change. I could imagine anti Marina blocking of the track, but you may be right.

I first visited Craobh Marina, or Craobh Haven as it was then back in 1984 just after it opened in 83, maybe it was ‘85, can’t remember. The LOTI had an open fire and live music. It was buzzin. Definitely a shadow of its former self now but they were different times when going to the pub was routine for many folks.