Any one coming to Bermuda

Lizzie_B

Bermuda since 2017. Formerly Emsworth and Bedford.
Visit site
Hi everyone.
I currently live ashore in Bermuda.
Any one planning to visit please feel free to contact via PM in first instance.

I am happy to help with local knowledge, transportation - lifts to less expensive shops, airport, etc, a room and shower ashore if desired and all the best beaches that the locals tend to keep hidden from the tourists.

As I say. Just PM me. If I can't help I can probably find someone who can.

Fair winds all.

Bajansailor

Visit site
That is a most generous and kind hearted offer - I wouldn't be surprised if many of the yachts returning to high latitudes next year from the Old World take you up on this.
I have visited Bermuda three times by yacht - each time we spent a week or 10 days in St Georges, and had a fab time. And the last two visits I had local contacts which made it all even better.

Visit site
A kind offer. My boat was fitted out in Bermuda, of aromatic Bermudan Cedar which was plentiful in the 1950's but is now rare at least in boatbuilding thicknesses. I plan to do an extended Atlantic circuit starting in Autumn 2020 and eventually returning via Bermuda. I will give you a call..some time in the future..

Bajansailor

Visit site
Lizzie B, do you still have that lovely Catalina 38?
If yes, I hope that she is in Bermuda as well, as I can see that when you live on an island that is only 21 square miles you do need to get off it occasionally.
Barbados is 8 times larger, and 5 times the population, but we need to abscond occasionally as well.
For all the folk who might be visiting Bermuda and Lizzie B next year, if you are planning on stopping in Barbados on your way out, give me a shout for any local info (or if you fancy meeting up for a beer).

Cariadco

Visit site
I used to know Bermuda, really well. Had a mate that lived there and used to fly out on cheap flights, just after Xmas. He lived in Spanish Point and some of the places I remember were 40theives, and Judie's, Elbow Beach (although I called it Echo Beach) Probably the Bars are long gone by now. We also used to hit the Sunday Brunch, along with most of the expats in the Bermudiana Hotel. As much Lobster and Champagne you could guzzle, all for $20. Happy Days.

Visit site
My yacht, Marihøna, was built for Gordon Emmerson and wife Beth, he was a British engineer at the Elbow Beach Surf Club in Paget. He finished the interior in Bermudan cedar in the late 1950's and I am sitting at his table as I type.

Last edited:

t21

Visit site
What a nice offer. As a repeat transat offender, I confess that having found a decent weather window, I tend to head hard for the Azores. Bermuda is a safety option if things go wrong for many of us, and "costs" about 300nm or more - 800nm from (say) St Martin but only 500nm nearer (say) Horta.... and then you have to start waiting for another weather window, and the last one was rather good wasn't it? There's the other issue that crew having been treated to the worst bit of an Atlantic circuit enroute Bermuda - sea often from N and wind from the E is pretty nasty for first 3+ days out of carib... the crew might walk .. especially with Bermuda sounding so fab! But it's still a lovely offer, thanks Lizzie

capnsensible

Visit site
Fab place and well worth a visit, I like. Yeah you have to want to do it if travelling back to Europe but hey, why not.

Been twice by underwater transport and learned all about Dark and Stormies plus the world famous rum swizzles.

Twice by yacht and found that they have probably the friendliest customs and immigration anywhere, great staff.

Second time I was bringing a yacht from Miami east so easier to get to.

Do they still do the moped hire? Found that a great way to get around the island chain.

Been a while but you never know, thanks to the OP. :encouragement: