Any forumites based in Studland Boat Park???

davesimmons

Visit site
As the title suggest's I was just wondering whether any forumites were based in the Studland Boat Park directly by the ferry?

Would be nice to meet some friendly faces!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

motayotty

Visit site
Where do you board then Dave. Plenty of friendly faces about. Whole group of us in Sealines up at Wareham. We are regularly down at Studland a little later in the season. I think most of us will be down this weekend, maybe see you out and about? Cheers Simon.

damon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I usually launch at Cobbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the slip like at Cobbs? Do you pay each time or have an annual pass? How much?

A couple of work colleagues use the public slip to launch small boats, (Baiter Park?) and I can't believe that Poole doesn't have a better slip, it's so shallow.

Blackfeather

www.blackfeatherboatcharter.com
[ QUOTE ]
Studland Boat Park directly by the ferry?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the one right by the ferry (Studland side), then it's called Shell Bay, or used to be. Are you in there. We used to have a swinging mooring there, very nice position but a bit of a pain having to access via the chain ferry.

dpb

Visit site
Poole harbour is poorly served by good public slips. Baiter is not much good for a boat of any size as you have said.
There are a couple of slips in the commercial harbour area but they do not seem to be available to the public, one is in a yacht club, the other used by the BP ferry. I e-mailed the Harbour commisioners on this but got no reply.
The slip at Cobbs that I use is at MDL's Cobbs Quay Marina.
DSCF0015.jpg

The slip is excellent with access at all states of tide from water and 24hrs / day from land. It is just the right gradient with space to moor up against whilst parking your car and trailer (included in slipway fee). Also you can use their toilets and showers and there is a good bar / restaurant on site to.
The bad news is that it costs £42 per day or £450 for an annual pass. I had and issue in previous years because having paid for the pass they did not controll access so it was used as a free slip by those in the know. So last year I did not bother with the pass and did likewise. However they seem to have tightened up a bit this season (which is only fair to those that pay) so I have coughed up!!!

davesimmons

Visit site
Yes, that’s the one, Shell Bay (terrible with names)!

The travelling is not a pain for me as I live the Swanage/Wareham side. Absolutely loving Shell Bay at the moment, what a position! I went down this weekend and only two other boat owners were there! Terry (runs the boat yard) got me in the water after 5 mins and was at Studland beach another 5 minutes later.

Would be nice to say hello to a few local forumites. My boat is a Regal 1800 (blue and white hull) called Dynas so please feel free to wave and laugh at a bad beginner!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

aztec

Visit site
ME... ME.... don't forget ME!!

Moored on the hard at Ridge at the moment, but soon to be back on the river mooring.

oh... but the boat's not finished yet....

nearly though...

got engines ready to fit in the next coupla weeks...

i want to go boating THIS summer!

steve

davesimmons

Visit site
My old man lives in Wareham so maybe we will meet up one day! By the way does anyone own a mooring in Wareham / Studland / Swanage they would be prepared for us to use on the odd occasion (beers on me of course)!!

aztec

Visit site
all rivers run to the sea....

looking forward to getting out on it... and yes it will be this year.... deffo!

just the engines and bits to finish, but the main of the work is done.

so if you spot an old wooden cabin cruiser with a fat bloke at the helm... wave.