Antifoul- Greece

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
Im due to join my boat in 7 weeks where I'm removing old AF and repainting. I've considered DIY copper coat and I've decided to go for the lower cost option of 'normal' antifoul.

My question is in your experience what's the best option for AF in Greek waters, do I buy in the uk and take it over, do I get whatever is sold in the local chandlery. I'm driving so taking 3 tins isn't a problem but I'm interested to find out if it's best to get it in the uk or Greece price wise and availability ?

Any pointers grateful.

Caladh

Visit site
Suggest you use the/a local Greek variety - ask about locally when you get out there. We have been using something called "Million" . It's soft but have been very impressed over the last 2 seasons of using it. Around 75 euros for 2.5l so not the cheapest which I recall being around 44 euro's form 2.5l

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
We have used Million for the past two seasons, although I don't recollect spending anything like as much as €75 for 2.5 litres. Through our 10 years or so in the Mediterranean we have used a variety of antifoulings, some bought locally, some brought from UK. There has been very little to choose between any of them, although because we mostly keep moving there is not a lot of opportunity for the fouling to gather. In 2015 the boat did not move throughout August but fouling levels at haul out were reasonable.

Tranona

Visit site
Take it with you. Basic UK AF such as Flag will be fine as fouling is generally less than in UK. I found prices varied enormously and the high end branded such as Uno were very expensive.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I have always used the local brew bought from fisherman chandlers on Aegina (not The Thief) and Poros. @13-14 euro a kilo .Absolutely no more or less fouling than others around, me paying lots more.