another painting question - toneau cover

Steve_D

Visit site
Our toneau (?) cover is looking a bit sad, anyone know if there is a paint that is suitable for coating a flexible thing like this? I should think that ordinary paint would just crack up. Or should we just give up and get a new one made?

TIA

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
There is a paint out there which I think resembles the stuff you put on dinghys but its crap any way. Ok if you just want to get through to the next season but if you want it to last then you really need to replace it.

I wouldnt go to Graham Scotts as that is very expensive but you could speak to the guy who sorts out the rigging for Boatworks + he actually gets Toomer and Hayter over regulary (they were over last weekend).

I will have a number of someone else who has started up recently in the next few days so i will give you a call and let you know.

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Whatever it looks like now. I would have thought it would look a dam site worse painted. Maybe an extra good wash would help.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

Steve_D

Visit site
Cheers Dom

I don't think the cover's ever been replaced so its really stiff and manky, I'm sure that newer materials are better so maybe we'll shell out at the end of the season for a new one.

Steve D

<hr width=100% size=1>