Another new start?

Dipper

Visit site
I see there is a group of boats at Boston drinking and associating with loose women. Does anybody want another YBW race with a bigger fleet? If so, can you wait for the current ybw race to finish then we might be able to rustle up maybe 15 to 20 boats. :cool:

Spyro

Visit site
I see there is a group of boats at Boston drinking and associating with loose women. Does anybody want another YBW race with a bigger fleet? If so, can you wait for the current ybw race to finish then we might be able to rustle up maybe 15 to 20 boats. :cool:

I'm up for it, Got to finish this one first and it's turning into a bit of a struggle, It's going to be close :eek:

sarabande

Visit site
if we finish in time, count me in, but please put a Ramark on those dam' islands just in the way of the GC route....

Dipper

Visit site
I guess we need a short break after this race. Sarabande will need to see to his sheep. He hasn't risked checking on them since he ran aground 4 days ago.

smiley%20sheep.gif
smiley%20sheep.gif
smiley%20sheep.gif

sarabande

Visit site
Hey Dipper, something just fell of the back of your transom. Looks like a bottle of whisky. You'd better turn round and pick it up. :sneekydistractionicon:

(I left the dogs in charge of the sheep BTW)

Dipper

Visit site
The bottle's empty and Gunsmoke has the beers lined up.

And your dog has let your prize ram escape!

running%20ram.gif

Dipper

Visit site
Although we aren't going for the record, the weather early next week looks bad. There are few big holes opening up which will make it a bit boring with light winds and variable wind direction. We've only got one last chance before the SOL gods pull the plug on this course so perhaps we can wait until next Friday evening when the winds start to improve.

Any thoughts about this?

Greenman

Visit site
Hi

See below from Sol homepage News

The November Transat Record Challenge will be closed on nov 30 20:00 utc. All boats still on course will then be stopped by the server and get a DNF.

So starting Friday will only give about 4 days max

ybwcobblerslast

Spyro

Visit site
I think that's the way it works.

Just seen this on the home page

"The November Transat Record Challenge will be closed on nov 30 20:00 utc. All boats still on course will then be stopped by the server and get a DNF. "

Looks like the latest time we will get away and stand a chance of finishing will be Wed night.

Does 2000hrs sound good, the weather doesn't look great but it would be good if we all got away together. I think tomorrow (Tues) night would be better but maybe too soon unless everyone sees this post.

Thoughts?????

sarabande

Visit site
Weds evg does not look as if it gives enough time (even knowing how fast we are !!!) to get home to UK in time for tea.

Tues might be better, despite the soggy wind patterns ?

Easy for either (that's me, decisive, sometimes :) )

PandoraX

Martin_J

Visit site
I'll keep an eye out for either start... The last crossing was fun until I had a lie in and spent a Saturday morning aground somewhere in SE Ireland.

Will try to avoid that mistake next time. MJM