Another crew change - hurrah for Paddywhackcocker

tcm

Visit site
Stingo's new boat is due soon and he wants to be there for final fix. Dammit. He would have happily pitched up if we couldn't find a new crew - but no sooner has he stepped aside than another stalwart forumite has volunteered to fill the post originally er vacated by Tome.

So, welcome aboard to Paddywackcocker (aka Pat) who is sometime poster hereabouts, and othrwise a ahem expert diesel mechanic. Oh yes.

Pat did a ARC transat westward a year or so ago with Zefender. At the time i must say i thort it was a bit cheaty of zefender having a diesel expert on board, but of course now I think it is a superb idea and excellent crew selection.

Pat is also v boaty in the solent too, and is from Essex. But of course, we won't have any Essex jokes. Well, not until he turns up in his Range Rover with its pearlescent paint and ultra low profile wheels anyway...

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Welcome Pat.
So it's PWC, ace diesel mechanic, Parahandy a demon with the fishing rod and er me.
Sorry to hear 'bout Stingo. Does this mean we're not globaltracked and don't have to panic about the worry button?

Jeannius

Visit site
The sofa is THE best place to sleep on a Privilege under way. Right under the mast, dead centre of the boat. I speak from around 25 peaceful nights experience.

Have a great trip all, I envy you.

tcm

Visit site
all change

aha, advice from an expert with same sort of boat! Excellent. Our "shelf" berth is also midway between fore and aft cabins. For the caribbean bits I think i'll sleep in the fridge.

Did the cricket cruise go well enough, er apart from the cricket?

Jeannius

Visit site
Re: all change

Yes it was a great trip thanks Matt. Even though the wind was from the south east when we were heading south and, of course, north east when we headed north. Didn't get the gennaker out once in 3 weeks.

On the subject of berths... It can get pretty lively in the fore cabins when in a bit of a sea. People tend to spend time in mid air. The stern cabins are much more comfortable. The only problem in the stern cabins is if, like me, you have fixed props and Volvos. Volvo advice is to let the props rotate and when you get up to 10 knots and more it sounds like a 747 about to take off!

tcm

Visit site
props etc

good info - that was the only possible downside of some boats i saw - the installation of fixed-prop volvos.

Mojomo has feathry props which should stay still and quiet, driven by Yanmars. I still have to clean get over the siide and clean its bum whilst at anchor befoe we leave though. The previous owner reported instanteous speeds of 21knots in Biscay with new/clean hull.

ParaHandy

Visit site

"It can get pretty lively in the fore cabins when in a bit of a sea. People tend to spend time in mid air."

tcm's bagged the swanky cab in the front ... ha!

haarrumph .. these bungalows with two pontoons screwed to the sides were s'posed to be stable - bit like crossing atlantic on QE2 ...

zefender

Visit site

And instead of ahem a carib stowaway under you for the trip in your cabin, it seems to have been substituted with a diesel. Is this fair and/or unnatural?

ParaHandy

Visit site

hmm ... the diesel could well be ok compared with other nocturnal utterances ah've heard! menshuning no names, of course ...

Visit site
cheers Stingo, tcm said that its perectly ok for me to have the onsuite and he got me the business class upgrade for the flight. Now thats what I call a good skipper. I just now sent him fitting details for the embroided crew weare that his having done. cor were going to look so smart, he said he didnt whant to take the chance of me turning up in me burbery gear